New Store Visual Merchandising Design Project Coordinator
Design Project Coordinator
DepartmentNew Stores & Visual Merchandising
Smyrna, GA (Store Support Center)
PurposeThe Design Project Coordinator is an experienced design professional who is responsible for leading all phases of multiple projects from concept to completion. Key responsibilities include budgeting, planning, interior design, construction documentation, sourcing product and equipment, vendor management and construction administration. The Design Project Coordinator focuses on the project workflow of design centers and store displays while working cross-functionally with our construction, inventory, supply chain, IT, and merchant teams.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design (relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education).
- Two to three years of relevant experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Experience working in a design agency or on creative projects a plus.
- Must have three or more years of technical design software experience (AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Google Sketchup).
- Proven problem-solving and team building skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Effectively communicate expectations and status updates to store team, field team, executives, and NSVM partners.
- Proficient in overseeing multiple projects and deliverables.
- Responsible for all aspects of the design center and displays in both new and existing store locations.
- Responsible for producing design presentations in accordance with Floor & Decor standards.
- Accountable for furniture, fixture, and accessory selection for Design Center projects.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a Standard Display Guide to be utilized by the stores as guidance for proper display design options.
- Ensure product display designs are aligned with and/or updated in the Visual Merchandising Standards Guide.
- Ensure proper safety and operational standards are met when developing Design Center plans and designs, by assisting in the store space planning process.
- Responsible for ensuring Design Center and display products are “active.”
- Ensure Design Center selected SKUs are ordered and arrive to the job site on time based on the needs of the project schedule.
- Communicate with the Board Build Teams and the Design Center Installers to ensure the expectations and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are met.
- Responsible for conducting market analysis and analyzing new/upcoming design trends while collaborating with field leadership team.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop/assist in new concepts and special projects through execution.
- Partner with the Design Manager and/or Project Manager on specific projects to provide a standard timeline necessary to complete the specific project.
- Work closely with the stores to ensure they are providing valuable feedback and direction by supporting their calls and requests.
- Facilitate the Design Center and board build quality. Utilizing partnerships with the Project Manager, Project Specialists, and the Board Builders/Design Center installers, based on the published project calendars, to ensure standards are followed.
- Assist with generating Standard Operating Procedures in conjunction with key partners.
- Recap and communicate all updates on current and future projects to NSVM Design, store teams, 3PL, field team and executive leadership.
- Responsible for timely and accurate data entry of purchase orders, Workfront tickets, project tracking details.
- Respond to emails and calls by the end of the next business day.
- Document walks, meetings, updates and communication to ensure timely follow-up of tasks.
- Work cross functionally with Finance and 3PL to maintain and monitor budgets per project.
- Properly track personal expenses and code appropriately in a timely manner based upon SOP guidelines.
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- 10-15% travel required including air and car travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note:All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.SignatureI have read and understand the above job description. By signing below, I certify that I meet the minimum requirements and physical demands of the job.
Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Floor & Decor provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.