New York | Senior Technical Designer - Leather Goods
Marc JacobsInternational, powered bythe creative genius of Marc Jacobs, seeks a Senior Technical Designerto join the Leather Goods teambased in itsNew York City (SoHo) headquarters.
- Working in conjunction with the Design Team and in developing technical packages of leather goods, small leather goods, straps, hardware, belts, and all other product categories that the team will be designing.
- Generating technical packages on Adobe Illustrator including sketches, product photos, measurements, and specifications that result in prototypes and market samples that represent designers’ requirements. These packages will be used from the initial proto handoff point up to the production stage.
- Owning and updating changes made at any sample review stage.
- Inspecting samples to ensure that factories have followed instructions as given through the tech packs.
- Participating in design and proto reviews with the Design Team and Product Development team.
- Knowledge of handbag, slg, and general accessory construction required.
- Understanding the Marc Jacobs Customer and brand positioning.
- Bachelor or Associate Bachelor degree in fashion design, or equivalent professional work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Technical Design.
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop expertise necessary.
- Patternmaking experience would be preferable.
- Detail oriented skills and dedication to quality required.
SALARY & BENEFITS/WHAT WE OFFER:
The compensation for this position ranges from $110,000-$120,000(annually). The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidate’s relevant skills and experience. In addition, we offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation time, sick and personal time, medical, dental and vision insurance, and 401k matching. We also offer discounts on travel, entertainment, and more through our partnership with PerkSpot. MJ employees also receive discounts on MJ products throughout the year, as well as access to discounts on other LVMH brands.
ABOUT MARC JACOBS
For nearly 40 years, Marc Jacobs has been a driving force in fashion with his philosophy: pioneering designs, an irreverent spirit, the everyday and the extraordinary. Today, the brand continues to make its Marc as rebellious, unpredictable, and original.
Our work is founded on our core brand pillars: unexpected, utilitarian, urban, unisex, and unique. NYC in design and spirit, our teams thrive off relentless authenticity, an openness to standing out, and inclusivity for all.
Marc Jacobs International was founded on Marc’s vision of celebrating uniqueness and being Perfect as You Are. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that values diversity of thought, background, and experience – all essential to our spirit of innovation and creativity. In line with this commitment, we believe that the best candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in different ways. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the listed qualifications.
Marc Jacobs International is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.