New York Visual Merchandiser
A Visual Merchandiser arranges and maintains the store's merchandise and floral displays, and monitors the store's overall visual appearance. Primary job responsibilities of a Visual Merchandiser include the following:
- Arranges merchandise displays and floral displays throughout the store, according to current guidelines; maintains displays as necessary.
- Monitors all store displays for compliance with current guidelines, including lighting and signage, and modifies displays when necessary.
- Monitors the store's overall visual appearance, may help Department Managers rearrange the selling floor.
- Trains associates and new Department Managers in visual merchandising techniques and guidelines; answers associates' display questions, offers suggestions.
- Ensures proper lighting is on fixtures and displays.
- Arranges and maintains seasonal displays.
- Unpacks and hangs or folds new merchandise, as needed.
The expected base wage for this Victor, New York based position is $16.25 - $18.25/hr with overtime eligibility. Successful candidates’ wages will be determined based on their individual qualifications for the position.
Pay range listed is provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact Humanresources@vonmaur.com .
Von Maur was founded in 1872 with two simple goals – provide a wide selection of quality merchandise and establish excellent customer service principles by treating every customer like family. Since then, Von Maur has deliberately and steadily grown and expanded the variety of services offered to our customers. Our wide range of customer services include free delivery, complimentary gift wrapping, no questions asked customer return policy, alterations, and an interest free charge card. Today, 37 Von Maur stores are scattered across 15 states: Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma and Wisconsin; and we’re still expanding. Our corporate headquarters and E-commerce facility are located in Davenport, Iowa.
The integrity and values that have pleased our customers for generations also make Von Maur a wonderful place to work. We value the diversity of our employees and each associate contributes in a unique way to our customer’s experience. Von Maur employees are friendly and have a passion for customer service. Being a part of our team requires dedication, enthusiasm and flexibility. Associates are empowered to make decisions, acting in the best interest of the customer.
Our company culture is characterized by a promote from within philosophy. We hire people with the intent to promote them as far as their ability and ambition will take them.
Von Maur provides high quality jobs with excellent benefit packages that have a positive impact on the health, happiness and future of our associates and their families.