Nike Logistics System Coach
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
Nike Supply Chain experts ensure that every year 900 million pieces of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right destination on time! That’s no easy task. The complex process involves more than 50 distribution centers, a network of thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores around the world. Supply Chain professionals constantly push for ways to make Nike’s supply chain faster, more efficient, and more responsive to Nike’s always-changing consumer needs. One such way is implementing and maintaining our Nike Logistic System (NLS) at our various warehouses.Facility Location: Adapt 165 Wingo Road Byhalia MS, 38611
Shift: MJ: Tuesday- Friday 2:30PM - 1:00AM
Offense: Saturday – Tuesday 8:00AM – 6:30PMKobe : Saturday – Tuesday 2:30PM – 1:00AMWHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As our NLS Advisor, you will be part of our diverse and talented Process Excellence team supporting our operations in facilitating and implementing lean principles to reach our goals at the Adapt Campus location.
- Support cross functional Kaizen teams across different shifts in improving their operation using LEAN tools, techniques, and a culture of continuous improvement
- Facilitate understanding of the end-to-end value stream
- Act as a coach/teacher for the team regarding the NLS principles and tools
- Help identify various types of waste and non-value added activities
- Utilize root cause analysis and lean process design principles to improve processes
- Support the team in keeping the work on track (30-60-90 day roll out plans).
- Provide lean training across 4 shifts to employees from various levels of the distribution center (e.g. 5S, Layered Audits, Basic lean understanding)
- Support NLS and Operational Managers in defining and maintaining process standards based on best practices
- Support the Process Excellence Improvement teams in identifying areas of opportunity and setting priorities for problem solving
- Support the facility with driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support the team in fostering collaboration, alignment, and integrated execution across different functions in a matrix organization
To make it clear, we are not looking for just anyone. We are looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly proven skills:
- 3-5 years of operational warehouse experience, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or technical degrees preferred
- Experience with Lean tools and processes (Kaizen Events, 5S, TPM, Standard Work), additional Quality System experience is a plus
- Well versed in problem solving techniques (8D, 5x Why, FMEA, Fishbone diagram)
- Good analytical and statistical skills (ex. Industrial Engineering or Six Sigma Training), a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of value streams maps
- Great networking skills, including ability to influence stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Experience in teaching & coaching LEAN tools a plus
- Project management skills & experience a plus
- Service oriented, tries to get a solution “designed around the customer”
- Willingness and ability to come in off-shift when a project requires
- Good command of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio), knowledge of Manhattan WMS a plus
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.