Nike Logistics System Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Who We Are Looking For:
As a Nike Logistics System (NLS) Manager in the North American Supply Chain (NASC), we need you to mentor, drive, govern, and protect our Lean system to effectively deliver against strategic plans. You will partner heavily with cross functional teams to mentor strategy deployment and Lean operating philosophies in support of NASC. You will ensure that our NLS mentality and methodologies are coordinated into all new node designs (greenfield locations) and process improvement (brownfield locations) continuous improvement activities.What You Will Work On:
- Support the NLS Director in operating philosophy development, learning architecture deployment, leadership onboarding activation, creation of a best practices' playbook, and standardization across the network.
- Support the NLS Director in identifying areas for improvement and setting priorities by providing relevant data driven analyses on supply chain performance and processes.
- Lead cross functional teams across the supply chain in design and continuous improvement activities using our NLS principles and mindset.
- Create an understanding of the end-to-end value stream for stakeholders.
- Act as a coach / teacher for the team regarding the NLS principles and tools.
- Drive the team to identify the various types of waste and non-value-added activities, and how to eliminate these using root cause analysis and lean process design principles.
- Develop and provide training to multiple levels of the supply chain to instill an in-depth understanding of the NLS culture and mindset, the importance of transition management, and continuous improvement.
- Work with the team in encouraging collaboration, alignment, and integrated execution across different functions in a highly matrixed organization.
- Document, standardize and apply NLS tools and techniques, improve them where possible.
- Build strong people networks (internal / external) to identify and optimize capability delivery, share standard methodologies, and drive teamwork.
- Provide subject matter expertise to deliver innovative solutions and, where relevant, initiate, drive, and implement solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of relevant education, experience, and training.
- Extensive experience (6+ years) in Lean / Toyota Production System / operational excellence.
- 3-5 years of supply chain experience, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- Thinks strategically, functions as a self-starter, and is process oriented.
- Views the organization as an interlinked network of processes and understands how changes to one will impact the others.
- Proven experience using and implementing Lean tools onto the shop floor (i.e., rules in use, help chain, kaizen events, value stream mapping, 5S, layered audits, standardized work).
- Well versed in problem solving (i.e., 8 wastes, 5 whys, PCSAM, after action reviews).
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to optimally communicate and collaborate with partners at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment, and anticipate the needs of a changing landscape.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Vizio; knowledge of Airtable, Manhattan WMS Systems, and Confluence a plus.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.