Nike Manufacturing System Research and Operations Director
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
To support this consortium and the overall NMS roadmap and initiative, we are looking for an experienced researcher, able to mine information from internal and external resources, synthesize the relevant findings, and present the salient conclusions in a compelling manner. Leveraging these skills, this role will be responsible for articulating and validating (through rigorous research and analysis) the priorities of the Nike Manufacturing System. In so doing, this role will therefore serve as the chief strategist for one of Nike’s most critical Supply Chain initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this role does not need to be a manufacturing expert. First and foremost, they need to possess an immense passion for learning and converting that learning into well-synthesized, data-supported actionable insights. They should bring experiential knowledge of supply chains and operations preferably in a large-scale, global context. Instead of optimizing the status quo, their preference is towards building future capabilities, with the ability to deal with both complexity and scale, while not getting distracted by the day-to-day fire-fighting and operational demands of the business. Given the nature of the research that this role will drive and the visibility and scrutiny that their work will face, they must possess strong leadership & communication skills, an executive presence, and hands-on “roll-up your sleeves” mentality.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role will be hired into the Nike Supply Chain Innovation team. It will report directly to the Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Research and Innovation Lab and be part of a team of Research and Innovation Directors dedicated to critical initiatives across Nike’s Supply Chain. Solely supporting NMS, this role will also be part of the NMS Consortium of experts across manufacturing, systems integration, and value stream delivery, to operate as NMS’ chief strategist driving alignment across the various projects and activities needed to deliver on the promise of NMS.WHAT YOU BRING
- 10+ years total work experience
- 7+ years’ experience in strategy, research, analysis-related roles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to research and craft position papers and deliver high-impact presentations on sophisticated topics to leaders at all levels
- Highly results-oriented and operate with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to partner with executive-level professionals as a trusted advisor
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally in a global, highly matrixed, relational setting
- Self-directed, persistent, and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Humility and the ability to check seniority, title, hierarchy at the door and work in a team setting to deliver results
- Passion for Nike product and brand
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects at once
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain, or Operations Management or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Related advanced degree is highly preferred
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.