North America Brand Creative, Retail Design - Director, Seasonal Story Design
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
The Brand Creative Retail team is the Catalyst for Retail Innovation. We are creative problem solvers, combining strategy and innovation, we craft physical experiences that connect athletes* to the future of sport and commerce! We are end-to-end agile teams that modernize and power a creative offense at the speed of sport, culture and consumer. We will deliver both the art and science of Nike Retail for North America. Our mission is to amplify and accelerate our retail experiences and storytelling advantage at every retail interaction.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Nike seeks a Design Director for Retail Seasonal Story Design: An innovator, who will support and develop seasonal creative direction for Nike’s North America Direct retail ecosystem, online to offline. A strategic, collaborative and creative team leader, who will develop impactful / scalable design solutions for immersive retail environments and experiences. Always looking to expand the possibilities of immersive environments to build design solutions that reflect Nike’s design ethos and improve the consumer retail experience. You have a track record of innovative use of emerging technology to build impactful spaces, consumer engagement and interaction. You work across several design subject areas such as Environmental Graphic Design, Fixtures, Materials and Digital with ease. You ideate creative concepts, illustrate your ideas and be hands on as you lead projects to completion.
You will work across multiple projects, partnering closely with the North America Brand Creative studio team and agency partners to deliver highly innovative and immersive concepts and experiences. You will deliver comprehensive design concepts, stay tapped into the pulse of future design trends and apply this thinking to your work, growing the possibilities of immersive storytelling and experiences. We are looking for someone who shares our drive and agility to explore the new; who is hardworking and determined to create boundary-breaking experiences. Ultimately, you will help push the Seasonal Story team into a new era of design thinking, with a vision to elevate the immersive storytelling and experiences our studio creates.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Supports and partners with department creative director to lead seasonal vision, strategic and tactical direction, and design continuity.
- Lead a design process of clear ideation. Focusing on strategy and exploration of color, materiality, texture, spacing, proportion, scale and use of the environment.
- Ensures project goals and priorities align with retail business strategies.
- Encourage a studio that is constantly seek new and innovative ways to design consumer experiences through graphics, styling, photography, and digital mediums.
- Directs the development of presentation materials that effectively communicate design concepts to all levels of leadership and partners.
- Collaborate with peers, design counterparts, internal partners (Brand, Retail Brand, Brand Design, Digital, Brand Comms etc.) and external partners to ensure feasibility of designs and functional needs are met.
- Actively gain knowledge and experience regarding Nike’s design ethos, the Nike matrix, products and processes.
- Drives education and inspiration, sharing knowledge and exposure to current and future trends influencing the innovation of consumer experiences and use of technology.
- Addresses staffing needs and challenges to ensure project demands are met, team has appropriate skill mix. Working across project teams and retail design org in partnership with Creative Director.
- Manages functional design professionals. Coaches, creates opportunities for individual development, performance management, recognition and rewards. Champions innovative thinking, collaboration, and partnership.
- Manage design processes and team to ensure results, timelines and budgets are met.
- Communicates and presents design concepts to all levels of management. Proven ability to work upstream, effectively elevate strategic concerns, assert influence in final outcomes.
- You may travel 15 – 20% of the time.
Under the direction of a Sr. Design Director, and in partnership with Director level peers, you will lead and develop small design teams to realize innovative, original retail environments, displays and digital solutions for retail stores. This role provides leadership development and design direction to junior level designers. They will collaborate with internal and external design teams to complete multiple projects by using design processes and practices to ensure the creative intent, design results, timelines and budgets are met.WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural, Graphic Design, Environmental, Industrial Design, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of dynamic, technically sophisticated design experience in architectural, experiential or brand design and a demonstrated ability to apply these skills in ways that elevate brand excellence.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing a design studio in the delivery of progressively complex projects of scale, budget, and size.
- Proven track record of sound judgment and ability to contribute meaningfully to the determination of policy and strategy.
- Ability to motivate teams, lead through ambiguity, and effectively collaborate in decision-making.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.