North America Brand Creative, Retail Design - Director, Store Design
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
The Brand Creative Retail team is the Catalyst for Retail Innovation. We are creative problem solvers, combining strategy and innovation, we shape physical experiences that connect athletes* to the future of sport and commerce! We are end-to-end agile teams that modernize and power a creative offense at the speed of sport, culture and consumer. We will deliver both the art and science of Nike Retail for North America. Our mission is to amplify and accelerate our retail experiences and storytelling advantage at every retail interaction.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Nike seeks a Design Director for Retail Store Design: An innovator, who will support and develop consumer led retail concepts and the evolution of the Nike retail business. A strategic, collaborative and creative team leader, who will develop impactful / scalable design solutions for immersive retail environments and experiences. Always looking to expand the possibilities of immersive environments to create design solutions that reflect Nike’s design ethos and improve the consumer retail experience. You have a track record of innovative use of emerging technology to build impactful spaces, consumer engagement and interaction. You are able to work across several design subject areas such as Architecture, Fixtures, Materials and Digital with ease. You are able to ideate creative concepts, illustrate your ideas and be hands on as you lead projects to completion.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Leads/directs teams across multiple subject areas, providing vision, strategic and tactical direction, design continuity. Ensures project goals and priorities align with retail business strategies. Addresses staffing needs and challenges to ensure project demands are met, team has appropriate skill mix. Works within team projects as well as independently.
- Manages functional design professionals. Coaches, builds opportunities for individual development, performance management, recognition and rewards. Champions innovative thinking, collaboration, and partnership.
- Collaborates with peers, design counterparts and partner groups to ensure project design continuity across all areas of focus and alignment to Brand plans.
- Manage design processes to ensure design results, timelines and budgets are met.
- Communicates and presents design concepts to all levels of management. Ability to effectively elevate strategic concerns to senior management in a timely and accurate manner.
- You may travel 15 – 20% of the time.
Under the direction of a Sr. Design Director, and in partnership with Director level peers, you will lead and develop small design teams to realize innovative, original retail environments, displays and digital solutions for retail stores. This role provides leadership development and design direction to junior level designers. They will collaborate with internal and external design teams to complete multiple projects by using design processes and practices to ensure the creative intent, design results, timelines and budgets are met.WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors Degree in architecture, industrial design, graphic design, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ brand design experience demonstrating creative sophistication in concepts and design; includes at least 3 years of management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of design processes and computer systems.
- Retail industry experience preferred; retail environments, concepts and programs. International experience beneficial.
- Strong oral and written communications skills including meeting facilitation and presentations. Proven ability to effectively communicate complex and/or sensitive topics and concepts to senior creative team.
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and geographies.
- Sound judgment and ability to contribute relevantly to the determination of policy and strategy.
- Ability to motivate others, deal with ambiguity, and effectively collaborate in decision-making.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.