North America Merchandise Manager - Marketplace
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or combination of relevant education, experience and training
- 4 years of demonstrated ability in footwear or apparel merchandising, product creation and/or retail in a vertical, multi-brand or digital environment
- Footwear, Apparel, Equipment, Performance, Lifestyle or relevant consumer product merchandising experience
- Strong marketplace knowledge and a commercial mentality
- Understanding of common retail and/or digital profit-based metrics such as sell-through, turn, ASP, UPT and others
- Ability to contribute to and drive critical thinking into action
- Ability to travel up to 10%
The Merchant Manager roles exist within 3 marketplace units (MPU’s): Nike Direct (Nike’s own retail business), Strategic Partners and Consumer Merchandising Teams passionate about the balance of market. For each, the role sits on a gender product merchandising team, responsible for translating seasonal strategies for the gender and marketplace unit into the efficient assortment for the respective consumers served. The Merchandising team has an outstanding ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right product, at the right price, in the right places, at the right time.
The role partners with Gender Merchandising leaders, cross functional partners and Marketplace Unit team members to plan, build and trade a consumer right assortment!
This posting covers multiple openings in JD/FNL and Foot Locker.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for consumerists with an affinity for product that enjoys the energy of moving at the pace of retail and the consumer. A successful Merchandising Manager will thrive and contribute to a positive and progressive team dynamic, as well as lead in a way that elevates the total team.
The Merchant adapts and builds consumer right assortments, scales brand and global assortment strategic intent for the geo partner from Channel/Tier to account catalyzing concept through rest of fleet by using historical data, analytics and real-time market feedback to advise the future and winning today. You are accountable for developing and implementing account assortment and managing seasonal flow for the partner.
The candidate should possess proven retail competence and analytical abilities, have an understanding of retail environments, digital and physical, and bring a consumerist perspective to the team and business!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON? Key Accountabilities include:
- Drive seasonal integration strategies with Marketing, Partner Group and Consumer Merch to deliver against a consumer-led flow
- Delivers a seamless, premium and effective consumer journey across all doors
- Partners with Consumer Merch and Integrated account team to ensure the assortment strategy aligns to the consumer demand
Key Deliverables include:
- Sets seasonal assortment strategy aligned to seasonality and flow of the Women’s Performance Consumer objectives
- Aligns with Marketing to ensure launches and edited offers align with key consumer events and strategic product intent
- Works with cross functional team to continue to drive the BU specific assortment strategy across multiple seasons
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work with merchants and cross functional teams within the MPU; in particular Planning, and also Brand Marketing. You will work with finance, operations and insights/analytics teams; relying on business reporting for your area which includes quantitative and qualitative metrics on sales, inventory and consumer behaviors.