North America Merchandise Manager – Multiple Openings
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For NIKE, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
The Merchant Manager roles exist within 3 marketplace units (MPU’s): Nike Direct (Nike’s own retail business), Strategic Partners and Consumer Merchandising Teams passionate about the balance of market. For each, the role sits on a gender product merchandising team, responsible for translating seasonal strategies for the gender and marketplace unit into the efficient assortment for the respective consumers served. The Merchandising team has an outstanding ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right product, at the right price, in the right places, at the right time. The role partners with Gender Merchandising leaders, cross functional partners and Marketplace Unit team members to plan, build and trade a consumer right assortment!This posting covers the following roles across our JD Sports and Finish Line business:
- Women's Performance Footwear and Apparel
- Accessories and Littles (Kids)
We are looking for consumerists with an affinity for product that enjoys the energy of moving at the pace of retail and the consumer. A successful Merchandising Manager will thrive and contribute to a positive and progressive team dynamic, as well as lead in a way that elevates the total team.
The Merchant adapts and builds consumer right assortments, scales brand and global assortment strategic intent for the geo partner from Channel/Tier to account catalyzing concept through rest of fleet by using historical data, analytics and real-time market feedback to advise the future and winning today. You are accountable for developing and implementing account assortment and managing seasonal flow for the partner.
The candidate should possess proven retail competence and analytical abilities, have an understanding of retail environments, digital and physical, and bring a consumerist perspective to the team and business!What you will work on
Key Accountabilities include:
- Drive seasonal integration strategies with Marketing, Partner Group and Consumer Merch to deliver against a consumer-led flow.
- Delivers a seamless, premium and effective consumer journey across all doors.
- Partners with Consumer Merch and Integrated account team to ensure the assortment strategy aligns to the consumer demand.
- Sets seasonal assortment strategy aligned to seasonality and flow of the Women’s Performance Consumer objectives.
- Aligns with Marketing to ensure launches and edited offers align with key consumer events and strategic product intent.
- Works with cross functional team to continue to drive the BU specific assortment strategy across multiple seasons
You will work with merchants and cross functional teams within the MPU; in particular Planning, and also Brand Marketing. You will work with finance, operations and insights/analytics teams; relying on business reporting for your area which includes quantitative and qualitative metrics on sales, inventory and consumer behaviors.WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or combination of relevant education, experience and training
- 4 years of demonstrated ability in footwear or apparel merchandising, product creation and/or retail in a vertical, multi-brand or digital environment
- Footwear, Apparel, Equipment, Performance, Lifestyle or relevant consumer product merchandising experience
- Understanding of common retail and/or digital profit-based metrics such as sell-through, turn, ASP, UPT and others
- Ability to contribute to and drive critical thinking into action
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.