Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.About The Job
As the Office Manager, you will be the key to operational excellence and problem solving within our four walls, building strong relationships with all employees and external partners. You will wear lots of different hats and be an integral part of the team, performing various administrative tasks to support business needs. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, vibrant office environment and help shape the future of how we interact with our physical space. If you are excited about contributing to the continued success of Rent the Runway and are a positive, outgoing self starter, keep reading.What You’ll Do
- Ensure the office consistently runs smoothly, keeping track of inventory, meticulously maintaining the facilities budget and expense reports, and managing all vendor relationships
- Be the point of contact and coordinate all office services: i.e. coffee, cleaning services, plant maintenance, etc.
- Ensure all supplies are ordered and well-organized
- Dynamically optimize the space according to team needs, challenges, and changes
- Act as chief problem solver within our physical space, proactively identifying areas of improvement, facilitating repairs, cleaning services, and filing tickets
- Proactively manage requests and suggestions for office improvements; log issues promptly and ensure timely follow through
- Partner with HR to ensure all new hires are set up for success in their physical workspace
- Partner in the planning for various events such as holiday parties, office celebrations, etc.
- Own messaging information about building procedures, changes, or alerts
- Maintain, identify, and communicate office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Keep up to date with office safety and regulations
- You love working in and are comfortable in a fast-paced, roll up your sleeves type environment; self-starter, doer personality who will take initiative from day 1
- You are an extremely positive and upbeat person, someone who views challenges as opportunities
- You have strong communication skills and can provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams.
- You are a team player who is willing to do anything to support the team and business
- You are extremely organized and have a strong, astute attention to detail
- You thrive making autonomous decisions towards ongoing improvement across all office functions
- You have a knack for meticulous record keeping and documentation
- You naturally respect and understand the importance of confidentiality
- You bring a scrappy approach to problem solving and a can-do attitude
- You exhibit a strong work ethic and proven loyalty
- You can comfortably lift 15-20 lb. items for mail room and office maintenance purposes
- You are comfortable with being on-site at our Secaucus, NJ location 5 days a week
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.