Omni Apparel Buyer
Founded in 2000, Scrubs & Beyond was started with the insight that retail and products for medical professionals could be completely transformed. In doing this, the brand heralded a step-change in how an entire category is perceived and experienced.
S&B elevated professional essentials beyond the practical and created a retail experience that added a much-needed sense of humanity that up to that point had been missing.
S&B continues to push that vision, constantly innovating in a category that today means so much more to so many of us.
What we wear changes how we feel.
How we feel changes how we do our jobs.
How we do our jobs changes lives.
We take pride in recruiting the best associates and as such we take pride in the perks we offer them… free scrubs, great employee discounts, benefits for all employees, Quick pay that allows you to get paid before Pay Day, bonus opportunities, and flexible hours.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Omni Apparel Buyer is key to the mission of “honoring and supporting those who make the world better through their service.” They have a deep understanding of the healthcare professional and how their uniform help them perform better, can identify fashion trends that are appropriate, and develops channel specifics assortments that drive sales and profitability metrics.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• In conjunction with the Omni Apparel Merchandiser, the Buyer is responsible for creating a compelling Omni Channel product assortment that meet the sales and financial metrics of each channel.
• Leads the relationship with supplier partners ensuring fresh new product strategies are developed and financial metrics are understood and managed.
• Works closely with product development partners to ensure the specific needs of the retail and ecommerce business are met and the voice of the customer is heard.
• Partners wit planning team formally and informally in-season to analyze and react to current business trends, actively pursuing emerging opportunities and pivoting strategy, when appropriate.
• Uses financial acumen to conduct quarterly formal style out strategy and partners with full merchandising and planning team.
• Constantly reviews the market and external competitors, actively identifying new and emerging supplier and product opportunities.
• Responsible for building and maintain the health of the product catalog.
• Works with Senior Merchant in development of promotional strategy and responsible to lead execution in partnership with Omni Merchandiser.
• Raises the profile of the merchandising team within the business, representing the department in meeting and always presenting the department in a positive and professional manner.
• Thorough knowledge of merchandising and buying
• Thrives in a team environment
• Customer focused
• Ability to partner and influence vendors/cross-functional partners
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong retail math skills
• Strong PC skills with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
• BA degree in Merchandising, Retail/Business Management or related relevant experience
• Minimum of 4-6 years retail merchandising buying experience
To execute the job duties of our Omni Apparel Buyer you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Physical demands: This job is primarily sedentary work, must be ablet o remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the time, occasionally move about the office, manual dexterity to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, constant close visual acuity to view a computer screen, auditory acuity to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, constant communication to exchange accurate information, must be able to work in a stressful situation.
Scrubs & Beyond is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. We recruit, hire, train, compensate and promote without regard to individual characteristics.
Job descriptions are dynamic and frequently modified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any given time as both the business dictates and the functions of the job change.