Operations and Visual Manager
The Operations and Visual Manager is part of the management team along with the General Manager.
All Managers Are Involved In
- Leading people to provide exceptional customer service.
- Driving our business to achieve our business goals.
- Building effective teams and developing talent.
- Communicating effectively with staff, Management Team, and customers.
- Instilling trust and ensuring accountability.
- Leading by example on the sales floor.
Established in 1978, The Container Store has grown to be the leading specialty retailer of storage and organization products in the United States and the only national retailer solely devoted to the category. We provide creative, multifunctional, customizable storage and organization solutions that help our customers save time, save space and improve the quality of their lives. We foster a culture built around our Foundation Principles, which define how we approach our relationships with our employees, vendors, customers and communities and influence every aspect of our business.
ResponsibilitiesTheOperations and Visual Manager is also responsible for:
- Working in partnership with the General Manager on all aspects of driving the business; setting goals and priorities for the success of the store based on overall sales, custom closets performance, average ticket results and payroll management
- Supporting and directing processes for inventory control, Curbside orders, delivery services, register and money processes and order management
- Leading the operations efforts in the store for repairs and maintenance requests, facilities updates, ordering supplies, planning meetings, walkthroughs, cleaning routines, backroom setup and stockroom organization
- Leading the visual merchandising efforts in the store ensuring Perfect Product Presentation which includes merchandise processing, maintenance and merchandising
- Interprets and directs product presentation according to direction from the Visual Sales and Buying Departments
- Managing the sales floor
- Managing employees to include recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, training, reviewing and coaching
Our benefits exemplify our commitment to ensuring employees and their families are well taken care of, safe and secure. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Discount: 50% on Elfa, 40% on Merchandise and Gift Cards, 25% on Avera and Laren
- Paid Time Off plus Holidays
- 401(k) plan & Company Match
- Ongoing training including our Leadership Development Program and Manager Training Program
- Employee First Fund: providing grants to employees experiencing unforeseen emergencies
- You love to engage with people. You’re the person who strikes up a conversation and makes a connection. You are passionate about connecting with customers and your team to provide clear, concise, compassionate communication.
- You have at least three years of leadership and coaching experience where you’ve focused on developing and nurturing your team to achieve goals together.
- You have successfully guided great employees' career growth and development.
- You take communication to a new level. Whether it’s written or oral communication skills, you are a master.
- You understand retail is an ever-changing industry and you possess strong time management and organizational skills to lead your store team to achieve excellent results.
- People say you have a heart for service. You love to sell. For you, it’s about learning what a customer truly needs and offering suggestions.
- You are always learning! You are eager to learn how technology and selling work together to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- You take pride in your work. It’s your store!
- You want to delight the people around you and can’t wait to share that at The Container Store!
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and comply with the
Americans with Disabilities Act
Stores Physical Requirements
State Specific Notices