Vegamour is a fast-growing, vegan hair wellness brand focused on holistic hair health, taking concerns head on with a 360 approach. How our products are made is as important as what they do, so we take pride in a completely cruelty-free process. We also Fair Trade source our sustainably harvested natural ingredients from female-owned enterprises so we can better ourselves and better our world - together.The Role in a Nutshell
Vegamour is looking for an extremely creative Packaging Designer to support the Associate Creative Director in determining current and future packaging standards for the brand. The ideal candidate will have amazing taste with ability to create premium, innovative, sustainable and cost-effective designs. This person works with 3D/2D software to concept, render and create tech drawings/mechanicals for execution. This person is a consumer of premium brands and understands how simplicity and attention to detail is what makes packaging feel elevated.What You’ll Do
Collaborate with Associate Creative Director on the following:
- Conceptualize and design packaging for new product launches, aligned with overall branding and strategy.
- Manage the design and production of all product packaging from a Creative perspective. This includes creating pitch decks, moldboards, drawings, etc.
- Conceptualize and design innovative and elevated designs for kits, influencer boxes, GWPs and unboxing experience.
- Create graphic layouts for primary and secondary packaging and other print materials (i.e., booklets, postcards, stickers) that complete the packaging experience.
- Create physical mockups and renders as needed.
- Create packaging files for each stage of the process: from DTO’s to final release drawings, all complete with all necessary callouts (color, materials, finishes, etc.).
- Partner with Creative Ops to create and maintain a packaging standards library complete with retains for current and upcoming projects as well as material samples and competitive library.
- Partner with Creative Ops to maintain a well-organized digital system where all files are stored and labeled in a very clear way.
- Design and manage updates to existing packaging, necessary for global compliance.
- Attend press checks and other production runs, supervising color and finish to meet brand standards.
- Collaborate with merchandising designer and Sales team to ensure new packaging concepts fit within the retail environments globally.
- Prepare and review final artwork to ensure all files are translated to dielines as intended, all production spec callouts are present and all file types are exported with strict adherence to guidelines.
- Adhere to required schedules from design development through production.
- 3-5 years of experience in packaging with a stunning portfolio to match.
- A passion for typography and composition.
- Substantial knowledge of packaging production, including manufacturing, pre-press and proofing.
- Proficiency in Rhino or relevant 3D software, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- A highly organized self-starter who understands how to balance multiple projects and keep them moving in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines..
- Attention to detail with careful review of work, ensuring a high standard of quality control.
- Creative problem solving in 3D and 2D applications.
- Experience building presentation decks in Keynote.
- Examples of packaging design for a prestige brand.
- Expansive knowledge of materials, substrates and value engineering.
- A strong eye for color, being able to see the nuances in the color spectrum to guide color shifts.
- An understanding designing for the retail environment, with an emphasis on Sephora.
We have a great team, a great company culture (fun, collaborative, into making the world a better place than we found it!), amazing Healthcare Plan (with Dental & Vision), stock options and some great snacks at the office!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, creed, color, or national origin. It is important to Vegamour to create a diverse and inclusive team, so even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed in the job description, please consider applying anyway!