PACKAGING DESIGNER - INTIMATE APPAREL
Leading Intimate Apparel company looking for a dynamic, experienced Packaging/Graphic Designer. The ideal candidate has a strong packaging design background, solid organizational skills,
communicates effectively cross-functionally and has a thorough understanding of packaging in order to execute materials that properly represent the company’s product & brands while maintaining cost & delivery parameters.
- Lead the design process for all graphic design & packaging products - conceptualizing, designing, and executing the following: hangtags, callout tags, collar tags, size tags,
labels (care labels/heat transfer labels), polybags, paper box packaging, inserts, stickers, gift packaging, specialty packaging, PDQs, presentation packaging, etc.
- Create functional, creative designs, utilizing materials that will engage the customer & create a cohesive brand presence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including design, merchandising, & product management to create outstanding copy & graphics.
- Create mechanical sketches, packaging mock-ups & approve printing proofs.
- Create CADs & presentation sheets for the factories & buyers.
- Work within the PLM system to update final artwork for orders.
- Create packing instructions for the factories & communicate requirements as needed.
- Retouching model photos/digitally adding garments onto the body
- Evaluate market trends and analyze competitor designs & materials.
- Develop branding and design elements to differentiate from competitors.
- Ability to bring a fresh perspective to the product without losing original intent.
Candidates must have:
- Advanced experience creating dielines with measurements, quality, etc. for factory use
- Graphic Design & Package Design experience including creating prototypes.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the technical design of the product (specs, layout, construction)
- Natural talent for design and an eye for detail & overall aesthetic. Able to think conceptually.
- Familiarity with various packaging materials.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop), as well as photo editing & retouching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be efficient, organized, and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have strong, creative problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal, communication & project management skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of previous work.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, art, or a similar field.
- 5-7 years work experience in the field.
- Job Type: Full-time, in-office (Fridays remote), midtown NYC