Part-Time Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Counselor
The FIT/UCE Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a jointly sponsored labor - management program, is seeking a Part Time EAP Counselor reporting to the EAP Coordinator to work with employees, their family members, and retirees of the college. Bi-weekly phone coverage on the weekends and responding to calls if necessary. Responsible for coverage of the EAP program when Coordinator is out of the office.
- Conduct client sessions including assessment, providing information, short term counseling, referrals, and recommendations (included in this are supervisory, departmental & HR consultations)
- Locate referrals for clients
- Prepare and present workshops
- Discuss and inform Coordinator on current cases
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (PhD) required
- At least 10 years clinical experience and 5 years in an EAP setting working with diverse population.
- More than 5 years in the EAP field. Post Masters training in addictions, different treatment modalities and specific problem areas - i.e., trauma, and 5 years of clinical supervision by licensed professional.
- Extensive experience in assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, knowledge of community resources, and locating and providing referrals.
- Experience working with wide range of problems/pathologies.
- Ability to work with senior level management to problem solve, and work with mandated referrals.
- Strong clinical, analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Skills in developing and presenting workshops.
- Excellent judgement and ability to work under pressure.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
The hourly rate for this position is $90.00.
Day/Hours:Tuesdays 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 5 hours per week, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, frequently analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an office environment. The physical requirement for this position will require occasional sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, frequent walking, and occasional lifting 10 lbs. or less.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application material.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about us, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a Part-Time Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Counselor.