Part Time Visual Merchandising Specialist
Brand Overview:At Ann Taylor, we believe in the modern woman's feminine strength, her remarkable willpower, her unapologetic independence and her strong sense of self and purpose. For over 60 years, we've passionately provided signature style so that she can navigate her world with confidence and ease. We are dedicated to integrating both style and soul into everything we do. It means delivering the remarkable quality she values - from fabric to wearability to fit - so that she is confident and stylish as she embraces every aspect of her full life. We are moved by how she shows up for others and are equally committed to showing up for her. Whether through ease of dressing, to delighting experiences, to our women-to-women community programs, we aspire to empower and support her always, with style and soul.We believe what you do is just as important as how you do it. We're committed to fostering a community where all Associates lead with their strengths, feel connected to what we stand for, are accountable to growing our culture together, and are supported in their individual development. You're invited to discover the unparalleled opportunities that await you.Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Part Time Visual Merchandising Specialist to join our team located at our Store 0608-International Plaza-ANN-Tampa, FL 33607.
Position Overview:Job descriptionPosition Overview:
Drives revenue by providing clients exceptional services through relationship building, sharing style/product information, and presenting a clean, and a safe well-maintained store environment. Consistently achieves individual goals, which support store goals.
- Embraces our values & sets an example through his/her behaviors
- Responsible for compliance with all ANN INC. practices and procedures
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager, Co-Manager, and Sales Leads
- Completes opening/closing procedures and tasks as directly by Leadership Team with a client focus (e.g. replenishing merchandise; recovering the store and styling rooms; processing shipment including but not limited to: unpacking, hanging, steaming; cleaning including but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, and removing trash; executing merchandising moves; marketing updates; and completing prices changes.)
- Meets merchandise processing standards and maintains an organized and accessible work area
- Adheres to Loss Prevention practices and is aware of and reports potential incidents, to ensure shortage control and to protect company assets
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any potential hazards to store management (e.g., ensuring that exits are unobstructed, ceiling clearance in stockroom is enforced, rugs are not frayed, spills are cleaned up immediately, etc.)
- Participates and assists in the preparation for the stores' inventory
- Reports to work as scheduled; records time worked accurately by using ANN INC.'s Time and Attendance system; remains flexible to the needs of the business
- Follows all ANN INC. operational guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Reviews Bulletin Boards daily
- Understands and can clearly articulate the Company's brand positioning, including: the uniqueness of all expressions of ANN INC., current marketing and promotional initiatives, markdowns, POS events, Bounce Back promotions, coupon events, lifestyle concepts to internal and external clients
- Lives the ANN INC. Purpose, Values & Behaviors, Practices in all interactions
- Participates in and attends Store Meetings
- Proactively uses associate education tools to build product and styling knowledge with his/her peers
- Embraces fashion, understands current market trends and is able to articulate them using ANN INC. interpretations in every client interaction. Represents the brand by adhering to ANN INC.'s dress code guidelines
- Packages and wraps client purchases according to ANN INC. standards
- Client Service: Ability to function as a role model, ensuring that the client remains the top priority. Takes initiative to build a loyal client base
- Follow Directions: Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines as assigned with minimal supervision and within designated timeframes
- Merchandising: Knowledge of visual standards and techniques, and ability to implement and maintain with ANN INC.'s guidelines
- Communication: Communicates effectively with Clients, Members of Management, Business Partners, and Store Associates
- Accuracy: Ability to handle cash and provide change without error
- Schedule: Remains flexible in scheduling that meets the needs of the business
- Physical: Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally. Maneuver effectively around sales floor and stock room
- Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year sales associate or relevant experience in the services industry with proven results
Store 0608-International Plaza-ANN-Tampa, FL 33607
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all employment decisions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under applicable law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.
The Company welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the application process.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Company unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable law.