Pattern Designer, Apparel
Boston, MA, USPosted 7 days ago
Full timeInformation Technology and Services,Computer Software,Internet
As a Pattern Designer at WHOOP you will work in our Apparel sample room and participate in the design and prototyping process of technical garments and accessories created for the enhancement of sports and fitness.
This position will be in-person at the WHOOP office in Boston. Applicants must currently reside or be open to relocation to the Greater Boston Area in order to be considered.
This role reports to the Sewing Room Supervisor.
- Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
- Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments, computers, and/or grading devices.
- Measures and cuts cloth according to size, color, and style of lining, using hand shears.
- Discuss design specifications with designers, and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
- Demonstrated experience in an Apparel sampling or production environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of apparel constructions and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience selecting and cutting fabrics by hand for Apparel assembly
- Strong communication skills to both take direction from supervisor and give construction insights to stitching operator