Pattern Maker, an integral member of design team. Core to creating the foundation of all cut and sewn products. Sets direction for bulk manufacturing accuracy, fit, manufacturability.
- Passion for creating functional, attractive outdoor apparel, accessories, and shelter.
- Exceptional communication skills required in collaborative creative environment.
- Desire to elevate, contribute, explorer into unknown challenges while calmly problem solving.
- Ability to follow direction and independently adapt to changing priorities.
- Flat pattern creation, digital/paper, draping, alterations, fit blocks.
- Central in evaluating men’s and women’s fit and implementing pattern adjustments.
- Pattern grading and anthropomorphic changes to the human body through size range.
- Fit comments, garment measuring, fit model evaluation and scheduling.
- Understanding of garment sewing, processes and machinery.
- Inherent understanding of raw material characteristics and limitations, knits, woven, leather.
- Marker making, fabric usage.
- Create technical drawings and detail drawings of special design features, technical specifications, and finished measurement packages.
- Modify sample garments and patterns to meet cost specifications and manufacturing limitations.
- Log fit comments, prototypes, sample fabrics.
- Create sewing instructions for mass production.
- Operate plotter printers, automated cutting machines.
- In office position, some remote time possible.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following experiences and capabilities:
- Experience in digital pattern making Optitex PDS 19, Gerber or equivalent.
- AA Degree in Fashion/Design or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Interest in gloves, tents, packs a plus.
- Personal experience or desire to learn Hiking, Climbing, Skiing.
- Computer skills Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Illustrator
- To perform your role successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adhere to Beyond Policies and Procedures, and upholds organizational values.
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decisions.
- Measures self against standard of excellence; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; reacts well under pressure; assesses own strengths and weaknesses; accepts responsibility for own actions; treats people with respect and consideration.
- Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity; completes tasks correctly and on time; uses time efficiently; aligns work with strategic goals; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; displays orientation to profitability.
- Is consistently at work and on time; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to sit, talk and hear, use repetitive motion, type, and use a keyboard; sit and manipulate garments using both hands for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle and feel; stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision to discern colors and close vision required to the computer monitor.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
At BEYOND Clothing we embrace a high energy culture built upon our values of Service, Unity, Impact and Tenacity.
Service– At BEYOND, we wear our passion for service on our sleeves: it is an honor to serve those who serve and people of all walks of life. With humility and great respect for our consumers and our roots, we take pride in our brand and engage with our communities. By championing the needs of our consumer we fulfill the mission of a lifetime.
Unity– We build together—as one, global family. Our individual abilities and diverse perspectives strengthen outcomes. We collaborate, taking a holistic view and listening actively. By communicating with intention, care and clarity, we empower each other to reach new heights.
Impact– We have big ambitions and they start and end with our consumer. With them in mind, we innovate for impact—we think big, think creatively and challenge norms. We foster curiosity and iterate, relentlessly pursuing solutions. For ultimate impact, we drive to disrupt for good.
Tenacity– We are tenacious in our pursuits and accountable to each other. This builds trust and the confidence to rise to any challenge. We have the courage to take risks and, no matter the outcome, we flex and adapt, always having each other’s backs. We persist—determined to Always Be Ready.