Wood Patternmaker/Rigger experienced building large and small patterns and core boxes for green sand and air set mold lines. Will consider experience with other wood working trades such as cabinet making or finish carpentry. Competitive Compensation based on experience along with comprehensive benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability, as well as 401(K). Submit resume in strict confidence to Sawbrook Steel.
Completed a state indentured apprenticeship program or equivalent training in pattern making and/or other woodworking crafts or actively pursuing such.
Should have excellent manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
Experienced in the safe operation of all manual wood working machinery and power hand tools.
Strong work record in attendance, safety & quality.
Construct new patterns, core boxes and gating for simple to complex castings using traditional wood, tooling board, plaster, Styrofoam, wax, leather, urethane and epoxy materials.
Prepare and repair existing patterns and core boxes scheduled for production.
Build fixtures and templates to aid casting inspection.
Help plan, document and communicate efficiently with all departments at the beginning of projects, followed by double-checking during constructionto assure accurate, fast and reliable results the first time, every time.
Learn from journeyman wood pattern makers and teach others as a team player.
Own, maintain and strive to modernize a complete set of hand & precision measuring tools for wood Pattern Making.
Maintain and clean the pattern shop and its equipment according to schedule.
Participate in a continuous improvement program.
- High school diploma or GED required-journeyman card preferred.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must be able to work alone or as a team.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, sketches, shop travelers and schedules.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to wear the required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work in various temperatures based on outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in dust and elevated noise.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cincinnati, OH 45215: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person