Hanifa is at the forefront of changing the future of fashion. Inspired by a woman’s journey to a life without limits, Hanifa was created. Our mission is all about women who are empowered to break barriers and strive for excellence in every aspect of their lives. Since 2012, Hanifa has established a global luxury brand with a loyal audience. Our core values of faith, innovation, excellence, relationships and education empowers us to knock down traditional norms and ideations in fashion. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “For women without limits.”
Professional Pattern Maker
We are looking for a highly-skilled, experienced Pattern Maker to join the Hanifa design team andmust be able to do on-site relocation to Rockville, Maryland. In this role, you will be in charge of mending, altering, and constructing garments and other fabric-made articles for our customers. The seamstress's responsibilities include replacing buttons, zippers, pockets, and linings, adding padding and shaping materials to garments, and modifying garment styles based on customers’ specifications. You should also be able to estimate the cost of constructing various garments, taking into account the amount of time and materials required. To be successful as a pattern maker, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of various fabrics and sewing techniques. An outstanding pattern maker should be able to achieve exceptional customer service and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Relocation package will be discussed with the right candidate.Please submit a copy of your portfolio (website link, photos or visuals) with your application.
- Accurately measuring using tape measures to ensure proper fit of garments.
- Ensuring that sewing machines and other equipment are in good working order.
- Altering or repairing garments and other articles, which includes hemming, mending, lengthening, as well as taking in and letting out seams.
- Fitting garments to determine how the alterations should be done.
- Constructing garments and other articles according to specifications and preferences.
- Labeling garments and articles and recording the alterations required.
- Consistent communication with clients to determine their specifications, needs, and preferences.
- Using irons and pressing machines to erase the creases on garments and other articles.
- Minimum 10 years of proven pattern making experience.
- High school or equivalent degree preferred.
- Previous fashion industry experience required.
- Sound knowledge of various fabrics and sewing techniques.
- Strong ability to work under time constraints and quick turnaround requests.
- Advanced ability to safely use different types of sewing machines.
- Detail-oriented professional with good hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $50,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- We require all applicants to provide a copy of their portfolio (website link, photos or visuals) with their application. Is this in your resume? If not, please submit your work to [email protected]
- This position will be on-site at our new headquarters in Rockville, Maryland. Will you be able to relocate?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Design patterns: 10 years (Required)
- Fashion design: 10 years (Required)
- Muslin Maker: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: One location