Pattern Maker, Accumark Team Lead and Technical Designer
We are Burlington Medical - the world’s leader in Radiation Protection garments and attenuation material. What does that mean? We save lives! Since 1930, we have been manufacturing and distributing radiation protective garments, accessories, drapes and curtains. We pride ourselves on high-quality, exceptional service and ensuring the health and safety of all health care providers whom we serve. Ever had an x-ray or cat-scan? Ever gone to the dentist and worn a cape while getting your teeth x-rayed? Has your luggage been scanned at an airport? Chances are the apron, drape or curtain used was made by Burlington Medical.
A combination of multiple entities, we have grown both organically and through strategic mergers including Lite Tech, ProtecX Medical, Bar-Ray Products and Pulse Medical. We utilize the latest technologies, patented garments and protective material, 3DLOOK body scanning and Gerber Technology pattern cutting for the most precise fit on the market. This results in optimal protection with less musculoskeletal burden. Serving both the domestic and international markets, we have the largest market share in radiation protection worldwide.
From our virtual fitting services to industry-best lead times and cost-saving product options, we deliver superior outcomes with greater efficiencies. Come join our team as we evolve. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves while having an opportunity to make a significant impact!
Job Purpose: Through knowledge and experience with product development, garment construction, patternmaking, laying markers and fittings be our internal “garment technician” and leader of our Marker Room. Using Gerber Accumark, our ERP (Salesforce/Rootstock), and virtual fitting tool (3DLook), lead custom items through marking to production, managing personnel and resources associated with the Marker Room. Lead product research and new product development. Core categories include radiation protection apparel such as aprons, tops, bottoms, drapes, table pads and curtains.
Requires extensive collaboration with sales, customer service, production, operations, product management, and marketing throughout the organization.
- Consistently review methods and suggest new products and process improvements to ensure BM LLC remains the leader in the field of radiation protection apparel and accessories.
- Proactively lead data relative to product design, improvement, fit and function and provide timely feedback to senior leadership.
- Provide input and data to support BM LLC’s ongoing strategic planning process in line with production requirements.
- Project manage all aspects of product development, technical fit, grading and construction
- Ensure new products and product modifications are designed for manufacturability (DFM)
- Approve Special Requests for custom garments and products
- Assist Sales Training Coordinator in training Account Managers in product knowledge, measuring techniques, and proper fit
- Establish, maintain, and update as necessary all departmental procedures, and processes in accordance with ISO standards and company policies
- Create, maintain, and track meaningful departmental reports/measurements. Take action to correct areas that fall below target.
- Works directly with production and materials management to ensure efficient flow of orders and alert them of any issues relative to upcoming job orders
- Supervise assigned Marker personnel to ensure effective performance of duties to include but not limited to providing daily direction, performance appraisal, cross training, and personnel development.
- Maintain/improve staff performance by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Proactively lead the Marker team to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Maintain assigned employee time records and manage employee time so that Production schedules are not compromised.
- Maintain/update employee training records and develops standard work instructions in areas of expertise.
System Responsibilities (Salesforce/Rootstock and Accumark)
- Advise on amendments to bill of materials and sewing instructions as necessary
- Advise on product routings as necessary
- Approve job orders and production travelers, ensuring instructions to Production floor are clear and concise
- Ensure files and file maintenance tasks are performed on a regular basis for Marker Room as defined in Work Instructions
- Works directly with IT and Gerber Technology and to ensure software is up-to-date and functioning correctly
- Solid understanding of the product development and manufacturing cycle of a garment: from pattern to fit through production
- 5+ years working experience in a manufacturing environment with extensive experience in apparel construction, fit, bills of material and routing development
- 3+ years working experience with computer software such as Rootstock (or similar ERP system), Gerber Accumark, Marker Making, Pattern cutting, Microsoft Office
- Deep understanding of garment construction and fit, experience with custom, made-to-measure garments and products preferred
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, thorough and customer focused
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, communication, and networking skills. Acute attention to detail is vital.
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
- Leadership skills including the ability to effectively delegate and motivate subordinates,
- Exceptionally high level of commitment to the success of individuals and assignments
- Willing to put in extra effort to support team in expediting orders to the Production floor when required
Why choose Burlington Medical?
- We are an industry leader in radiation protection products
- Great Benefits Package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, FSA and HSA accounts, Paid Time Off
- Referral bonus program
- Employee recognition and engagement activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Every day is different!