Pattern Maker (Apparel)
A patternmaker makes both sample patterns, as well as production samples for clothing before garments go into large-scale production. As a patternmaker, your responsibilities include creating fabric samples for clothing or garment makers and sending these partial samples or prototypes for different apparel products to your supervisor or other technical directors. Other duties include ensuring that the technical aspect of the production is free of flaws and that garment factory owners clearly understand the directions for large-scale production of the patterns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop 1st through production patterns based on sketches and reference styles from Design within the guideline/standard set by the department
- Troubleshoot potential production issues before samples are made, for both aesthetic & cost purposes- Actively collaborate with Design, fellow pattern makers, sample room, quality control staff, tech designers and the production team
- Provide comprehensive construction / send-out / trim callouts on the pattern card Samples
- Coordinate all sample send outs to the sales reps and in-house teams.
- Create PO’s for sample line send outs and customer sample send outs when needed.
- Create PO for sales assets: catalogs, swatches, artbooks, price lists and look books.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience apparel/fashion industry.
- Strong experience in hand sewing, embroidery, and tailoring
- Ability to find technical solutions in garment construction
- Goal oriented with a problem-solving attitude and team spirit
- Good communication skills with team and management
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- 401k plan with partial company match.
- Comprehensive healthcare, dental, and vision plan.
- Clothing discount.
- Voluntary life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability policies.
- Voluntary free annual biometric health test.
- Early access to company sample sales.
- Company-sponsored Wellness program.
- Access to free monthly health & mindfulness webinars.
- Seasonal monetary awards for participation in company Fitness Challenges.
- Partial healthcare-subsidized fitness membership to 10,000 gym locations across the country.
- Company-subsidized discounts to theme parks & local attractions, including Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Legoland, Six Flags, Sea World, and Southern California sports teams; discounts to brands including Vitamix, Sonos, and others.