REPORTS TO:Senior RTW Design Manager
POSITION SUMMARY:The Patternmaker is responsible for draping, patternmaking, attending alterations and fittings and partnering with sample sewing. This individual will bring fashion, apparel designs to life in a tangible way by partnering with design/technical design, while creating and maintaining the fit, form, function, and specifications of the garments.
- Draping and Patternmaking
- Develop and execute 1st patterns by hand from CADS, block, and garment specs.
- Create 1st patterns by hand that reflect standard fit and specs while executing the designer's vision and ensuring said patterns are ready to be adapted for bulk production.
- Translate a 2D concept into 3D product by developing a pattern that considers fabric and construction to create the desired silhouette and size proportion.
- Alterations and Fittings
- Attend fittings with Design, take correction notes and execute corrections.
- Ensure alterations/corrections are made in a timely manner and all patterns are update.
- Work alongside Technical Design to ensure factory submit samples/patterns match specifications. This includes examining the factory patterns to ensure accuracy, fit, balance, and construction details as well as making sure the factory patternmaker understands specialized design and construction details.
- Take part in development fit sessions on live model and work with design to achieve the intended aesthetic and fit.
- Partner with Sample Sewer
- Oversee the in-house sample development process from pattern conception to approval by creating workflow tracking WIP spreadsheets in Excel, working closely with Technical Design to ensure calendar deadlines are met.
- 8-10 years of experience in patternmaking, garment manufacturing including construction, draping, and sewing knowledge.
- Experience with high-end women’s fashion strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of cut & sew and stretch fabrics.
- Fast paced multi-tasking environment-positive attitude required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Requires strong organization and follow up skills.
- Autonomous, takes initiative, is accountable.
- Detail oriented with great time management skills.