Pattern Maker Fashion Designer
Swagful is seeking individuals with experience in apparel and textile design and garment construction to fulfill the role of a Pattern Scaling Artist. This individual must possess a strong understanding of Gerber Accumark software and have a working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to manage and maintain the scaling of sublimation designs on pattern files. In order to perform this job, the individual will review product designs and transfer primary design markings and notches to the pattern files within Gerber Accumark software. The individual will start by using Adobe Illustrator to simplify the garment style to an outline, or blueprint, of the most important style lines, this "broken-down" form of the original garment style is then converted to be utilized within Gerber Accumark. This Gerber file will contain a single pattern piece in a single size and is ready to be used to create a full size run. Before grading, the Gerber Pro should make sure that final pattern pieces are consistent across the entire size run. Once the pro has graded all style lines to the full size run, the pro will export and then open the files in Adobe Illustrator and double check each individual size to make sure it is a properly proportionate representation of the original style in its base size.
This individual must be highly detailed, possess strong written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills and work well independently.
- Must be proficient with Gerber Accumark software
- Knowledge of how to create a technical package and assign points of measure that will progress a style through the development and secure the fit during production QC inspections.
- Strong sense of fashion, design aesthetic and proportion.
- Strong understanding of pattern corrections, fit standards, grade rules, and tolerances.
- Computer literacy and the ability to utilize programs to conduct business; includes but not limited to Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop, Gerber Accumark, Excel, Microsoft Office
- Highly organized, accurate, detail-oriented, and time management capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Willingness to assist as needed in the department.
Fashion Design Experience or degree in fashion is required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stafford, TX 77477: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Garment construction: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Required)
- Fashion design: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location