Pattern Maker Technician
CA Lawton is looking for a Pattern Maker Technician for our Pattern shop. As a Pattern Maker, you will learn from others in the shop while working on individual and team projects. You will operate various pieces of equipment and hand tools in order to design, build and maintain tooling for foundry castings. You will be expected to learn many operational processes and implement continuous improvement ideas in your area and in the foundry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate various pieces of machinery and equipment and hand tools.
- Design, build and maintain tooling.
- Read blueprints to produce precision tooling.
- Work with foam, wood and/or urethane to create prototypes or single use castings.
- Provide support to the foundry through understanding of the foundry process.
- Follow processes and standard work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications & Competencies
- Strong work record in safety, quality, & dependability.
- Good team player. Able to work well and communicate with all functional departments within the company.
- Strong mechanical comprehension and knowledge of hand tools.
- Very well organized and able to work well under pressure.
- Follow instructions with strong attention to detail.
- Able to read basic blueprints, technical diagrams and possessing basic computer skills.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Two to Five Years’ Experience in Wood Working, Prototype Design, Machining, 3D Modeling, Programming or Pattern Making preferred.
Tuesday – Friday 4:00AM – 2:00PM, Saturdays as needed
$18 or higher, dependent on experience and qualifications
Fixed weekly schedule
Benefits within 60 days
Holidays and paid time off
401K with match
Prescripion safety glass reimbursement
Plenty of growth opportunities
You’ll be part of a family culture where your contributions are noticed and recognized.
The C.A. Lawton Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.