Pattern Maker/General Worker
Work Location: 12201 Nations Ford Rd-Pineville NC
Duration: 4+ months
Pay Rate Range: $20.00 - $22.00/hr on w2 without benefits
Work Days/Hours: Mon - Fri 6:00am - 2:30pm OT as needed
Job Description: Pattern Maker - Entry Level Mon - Fri 6:00am - 2:30pm OT as needed
Experience: 1-3 months of related experience preferred
Use woodworking and conceptual skills to build basic wood patterns for the aluminum sand casting process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows and interprets instructions to build patterns and meet production requirements.
- Layout pattern to be built on paper or solid surface to determine proper type and amount of materials to be used for each job assigned by using mathematical, mechanical, and conceptual skills.
- Some tools required in this process are calculator, protractor, dividers, compass, measuring devices, trade reference materials, supplied components, pen/pencil, and paper.
- Display basic comprehension of ControHeat jacket design (i.e. flange diameters, component orientations, flange ratings and dimensions, material thickness, etc.)
- Operate and maintain all types of woodworking equipment in a safe manner.
- Some equipment in the shop includes a table and rip saw, joiner, planer, spindle sander, drill press router, manual milling machine, band saw, forklift, and various air/electrical hand tools.
- Become fluent in pattern and foundry terminology, such as the meaning of Shrink, Takeout, Cope, Drag, Draft, Ram, Lift, Loose, Pattern, Unijacket, and two-piece jacket.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to view small print on drawings, color vision to view highlights, color codes, and components sometimes marked for specific detail, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus for scribe lines and other details.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud because of the use of tools such as air grinders and hammering.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- warehouse/forklift/woodworking/pattern maker/inventory: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location