Pattern Shop Technician (Pattern Maker)
Northern Iron and Machine is looking for a Pattern Maker Technician for our Pattern shop for our foundry operations. As a Pattern Maker, you will learn from others in the shop while working on individual and team projects. You will operate various pieces of equipment and hand tools in order to design, build and maintain tooling for foundry castings. You will be expected to learn many operational processes and implement continuous improvement ideas in your area and in the foundry.
Pay and Hours:
- Pay is $20- $30 per hour depending on experience
- 1st Shift - 6:00 AM- 2:30 PM Monday through Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate various pieces of machinery and equipment and hand tools.
- Design, build and maintain tooling.
- Read blueprints to produce precision tooling.
- Work with foam, wood and/or urethane to create prototypes or single use castings.
- Provide support to the foundry through understanding of the foundry process.
- Follow processes and standard work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications & Competencies
- Strong work record in safety, quality, & dependability.
- Good team player. Able to work well and communicate with all functional departments within the company.
- Strong mechanical comprehension and knowledge of hand tools.
- Very well organized and able to work well under pressure.
- Follow instructions with strong attention to detail.
- Able to read basic blueprints, technical diagrams and possessing basic computer skills.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Two to Five Years’ Experience in Wood Working, Prototype Design, Machining, 3D Modeling, Programming or Pattern Making preferred.
- Fixed weekly schedule
- Benefits within 60 days
- Holidays and paid time off
- 401K with match
- Boot reimbursement
- Prescription safety glass reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Plenty of growth opportunities
You’ll be part of a family culture where your contributions are noticed and recognized.
The C.A. Lawton Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
No agency calls or emails please.