PATTERNMAKER - New York based
DION LEE is looking for a Patternmaker to join their New York design team, working closely with the Creative Director, Designers and Developer across seasonal and runway collections.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Creating manual paper or digital patterns from hand drawings and/or drapes.
- Creating patterns that are accurate, well-fitting to design intention and clearly executable for respective cutters, sample makers and offshore factories.
- Maintaining accurate yield and measurement specifications for manufacture and costing
- Participate in all development and production fittings
- Pattern alterations and grading rules
- Working with the in-house sample cutters and makers to oversee the completion of high-quality samples
- Consistent communication with the production team to ensure high-quality fit and finishes and review of pre-production samples
The Ideal Candidate
- 5 -10 + years experience in womenswear clothing pattern making – manual or computer
- Experience across all garment categories, experience in Tailoring and Menswear is also a plus
- Ability to creatively problem-solve patterns and/or construction constraints to achieve design intention.
- Ability to work on the form, drape and sew
- Strong knowledge of Gerber
- Have a keen eye for cut and silhouette and the ability to interpret designer’s intention and brand’s handwriting
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- High knowledge of high-end garment finishes
- High knowledge of detailed and complex garment construction
- Computer literate in Excel and Outlook and having experience with Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Enjoy the challenge of working with original designer fashion garments in a fast-paced environment
- This is an opportunity for applicants who strive for excellence and innovation in their field.
Please submit your portfolio or examples of your work along with your CV. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a trial.