Patternmaker/Senior Tech Designer
JOB:PATTERNMAKER/SENIOR TECH DESIGNER
-Leading Women’s & Men’s Resortwear company
-Small fashion apparel company with a very creative, team-oriented environment
-Busy, fast-paced, stimulating with very friendly personnel.
-Attend fittings in New York as needed. Work from home during the pandemic on non-fitting days. Occasional meetings are needed on zoom/WhatsApp or in person as per Senior Management Instructions.
- Will work with the Technical team in spec development/technical follow-up which includes:
- Creating flat sketches of garments (in Adobe Illustrator)
- Preparation of tech packs/garment specs for Women’s and Men’s lines and follow-up for the Men’s line
- Updating specs after fittings
- Correct patterns and communicate revisions to factories
- Approve graded specs
- Review/inspect production garments and fabrics for quality standards.
Track and manage workflow(important):
- Keeping track of protos, revised sample status, and approvals for timely delivery of Sales Samples and Production release.
- Ensure seasonal calendar deadlines are met.
- Communicate with team members to align on product timing.
- Daily communication with overseas agents, vendors, and mills via email/WhatsApp/phone calls as needed.
SECONDARY: Seasonal Individual and Teamwork
- -Helping with Illustrator and Photoshop color-ups of garment styles including solids and prints;
- -Submit design/prints/fabrics/trims ideas for new collections;
NECESSARY SKILLS TO QUALIFY: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THESE SKILLS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Adobe Illustrator– EXPERT LEVEL ABILITY REQUIRED. OUR TECH PACK SYSTEM IS ILLUSTRATOR BASED, NOT EXCEL.
Mac environment experience
*MUST be able to expertly execute detailed flat garment sketch designs from scratch in Adobe Illustrator.
*Strong technical design background with a minimum 5-8 years proven record in developing and following up on:
* MUST have Technical Knowledge and ability to write accurate garment specifications and communicate fit and construction details to vendors.
* MUST have Excellent English WRITING AND VERBAL communication skills.
* MUST have Strong organizational ability and HIGH Attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word – required.
* Adobe Photoshop – preferred.
* Ability and desire to assist in different areas depending on seasonal needs.
* Calm multi-tasker, a solution-oriented person with a positive attitude
* Work closely to support the Product Development and Design Manager, ensuring any business-critical hot topics are raised and followed up on in a timely manner.
* Experience and knowledge of fittings.
* Production quality inspection.
* Knowledge of grading.
* Knowledge of patternmaking.
Salary – Commensurate with experience
Job type: Full Time or Freelance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote