At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
- Undertakes key category and divisional analysis to monitor sales, inventory and replenishment of designated categories in order to maximize productivity and profitability
- Analyzes key competitor pricing policies to inform the range planning process and ensures the pricing strategy supports the market and company financial objectives
- Analyzes reports and make recommendations to facilitate the discussion and decision making process in pre-season demand planning
- Prepares sales projections for stores of designated categories and assists to develop new store inventory plans, monitor sales.
- Prepares Open-To-Buy budget to be used in the development of merchandise strategies support buying needs
- Provides analytical support to the buyers, such as analyzing promotional strategies and periodical merchandise management, for ensuring a balanced and profitable assortment
- Reconciles top-down to bottom-up category plans
- Proactively identify style/ sku specific issues and opportunities, proposing solutions and take actions, including reorders, pricing actions and allocation recommendations
- Reviews end-of-season actuals to cost estimates for commencement of new season
- Work closely with Planning / Distribution Assistant to react to inventory needs and execute adjustment plans
- Degree in Economics, Finance / Accounting, Mathematics or Statistics preferred
- Minimum 3 years of OTB planning experience is preferable; experience inventory control in Fashion Retail industry is an advantage
- Understanding of trends and direct competitors with commercial awareness
- Detail oriented, strong numeric sense
- Must possess excellent collaboration, communication and analytical skills
- Fluent written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Excel
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.