Planner, Global Merchandising Assortment Planning
The Global Merchandising Assortment Planner has the unique and strategic opportunity to set the foundation for the product offer in all Tiffany & Co. retail stores worldwide.
The candidate will have a collaborative and creative attitude, innovative approach, and strong analytical skills to apply to the assortment planning process. This position offers flexibility of a hybrid position based in New York City.
Global Assortment Planning
- The Planner supportsproductive worldwide assortment plans across new and existing products while ensuring brand alignment globally.
- They will drive assortment reviews and make recommendations at the regional and store level based on sales, productivity, space guidance and brand position goals in partnership with the Zones and central cross functional teams.
- This position will play key role in many strategic assortment optimizations blending bothretail store clustersandpredictive analyticsrecommendations.
Collaboration & Innovation
- The Planner developsstrong partnershipswith zone counterparts built on clarity, visibility and effective communication, drawings insights and acting on key opportunities.
- They will aim to identify and understand regional nuances and should demonstrate an open andglobal perspective.
- They will lead team discussions on store assortments and space productivity, while providing critical support on region specific business goals andnew stores openings.
- The Planner will be a part of many upcomingnew product launches, with the opportunity to work cross functionally with Merchandising, Marketing and Creative Visual Merchandising Teams.
The role requires an individual with sharp analytical skills and attention to detail. The Planner willwork towards efficiency and accuracyacross all tasks and finds opportunities tostreamline workload to increase team productivity and output. They will lead projects with a positive culture of achievement and aneye toward innovation.
- 3-5 years prior Merchandising or Planning experience, preferably with a luxury brand
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency with MS Office applications (especially Excel and Power Point), with ability to learn new software
- Undergraduate College degree
- Proficient analytical skills
- Strong and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Operational excellence
- Self-motivation with a strong drive for achievement
- Agility and comfort in working in a highly dynamic environment