We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Merchandise Planner (Entertaining).
The Planner is responsible for the inventory strategy and financial forecasts for a segment of the business. The goal is to maximize company sales growth and profitability by working closely with the Divisional Planning Manager and merchandising team on designing and implementing thoughtful inventory strategies that promote profitable sales growth and satisfy customer demand.
This is a hybrid position that typically involves two days/week in the Northbrook, Illinois headquarters office.
A day in the life as a Merchandise Planner…
- Manage end-to-end inventory strategy for product category including new product buys, reorders and end-of-life markdowns
- Develop pre-season plans in coordination with department and company targets
- In collaboration with Buyers, forecast sales, margin and inventory at a category level based on changes in trend strategy or business climate
- Lead monthly business review (OTB) to determine actions that will optimize sales and gross margin
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Allocation, Merchandising, Sourcing, Supply Chain, and vendors to enable successful business strategies and flawless execution.
- Drive item planning and forecasting for ordering, allocation and cross-functional need
- Work with Buyer partner to develop promotional strategies to maximize profitability
- Manage category planning operations, including critical deadlines, coding, hunt paths and product lead-times
- Strong financial acumen and experience in presenting data and analysis
- Lead or support a collaborative work environment within the Merchandising Department focused on distinctive products and an engaged customer experience.
- Strong communication skills within team and department; work consistency and accuracy
- Aptitude for spreadsheet and planning tools
- Proven ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Minimum of 3 years in merchandising, planning/allocation, buying or equivalent experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with inventory management, IT systems, product pipeline process design, and promotional strategies
Crate: Corporate Office