Sara Campbell LTD is a specialty apparel retailer specializing in women's apparel, with a primary focus on dresses. We are committed to making our apparel in the USA, with our
headquarters in Boston. In 2008, we went from being a private label manufacturer for major
retailers and launched a chain of specialty boutiques where we carry our own branded label. We
currently operate brick and mortar boutiques across various states and have an online presence. We are a small, privately owned company and pride ourselves on connecting with our communities while
supporting Made in USA labor and job creation.
As a Planner/Buyer, you will be at the forefront of our product planning and inventory management efforts. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the availability of the right products, in the right quantities, at the right time. Your expertise in sales forecasting, assortment planning, and inventory optimization will be essential in driving our success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Utilize historical data and market trends to forecast product demand
· Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to gather insights for forecasting
· Set optimal inventory levels to meet customer demand while minimizing carrying costs
· Monitor and adjust inventory allocations as needed to maximize sales and profitability
· Report on budget performance and make adjustments as necessary
· Collaborate with pricing teams to set competitive and profitable pricing strategies
· Monitor pricing performance and recommend adjustments
· Develop and execute markdown strategies to optimize inventory turnover and profitability
· Analyze the impact of markdowns on overall financial performance
· Analyze and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to merchandise planning
· Identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions
· Manage open to buy of all apparel categories as well as the working assortment while balancing monthly receipt to align with financial goals and sales forecasts
· Work closely with merchant during pre-season, contributing to the planning of style counts and assortment needs.
· Recap all promotions with take-aways on success or opportunities of each promo
· Manage the core replenishment program ensuring proper stock levels in all stores while maximizing sales by color and size
· Prepare weekly sales analysis to drive business. Provide input on what is/is not working in the assortment
· Oversee allocation analyst(s) who manage inventories by store – initiating reorders or transferring goods where appropriate
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Strong analytical skills with proficiency in using merchandise planning software and Microsoft Excel
· Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
· Detail-oriented mindset with a passion for fashion and trends
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, or a related field
· 5 years of proven experience as a Buyer or Planner in the fashion industry, or related field
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.