Planning Manager – Distribution Center Operations (West Coast based, Final Location TBD)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.What You'll Work On:
The Planning Operations Manager will be responsible for building and enhancing a team culture that creates a great place to work, values diversity and increases a feeling of inclusivity as we all work toward a common objective- serving our teams and our consumers with excellence.
We'll need you to partner closely with your North America partners to:
- Provide subject matter expertise and facilitate insights of key logistics capabilities.
- Use your business acumen to provide detailed business input and influence business requirements and design processes to ensure North America’s needs and strategic objectives can be met for Distribution
- Own the development and roll out of geography specific processes, including process documentation and training as needed
- Support execution of realistic business transition plans to ensure the new capabilities are implemented while minimizing risk and business disruption
- Highlight functional business risks, issues and opportunities to program leadership and business partners
The Planning Operations Manager work closely with the DC Operations team, Transportation groups and NASC partners to drive business results including reduced wave cycle time in support of Nike’s Global Digital First Supply Chain at Scale Strategy. You will use NLS guiding principles and be encouraged to initiate Simple, Flexible and Scalable solutions sought at achieving Nike strategic priorities in a collaborative way.What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field, or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Ability to influence others at various organizational levels to adapt, evolve and adhere to newly developed frameworks and structures
- Highly organized
- Innovative demeanor & enterprise thinking drive by steering the right data analytics for the program
- Proven track record to navigate sophisticated, matrixed organizational structures
- Experience aligning cross-cultural, cross-functional, and virtual teams
- Outstanding listening and written skills, and high-profile communication/ storytelling skills
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Project / Program Management competence
- Understanding and implementation of Agile and/or Lean processes, including process mapping
- Comfortable with principles and issues related to Information Technology systems, design, and development
- Strong solid understanding of organizational change management and business transition concepts, models, and standard methodologies
- Ability to build or partner to build and implement training and operational plans
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.