Planning Operations Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As the Planning Operations Manager for the Shelby facility, you will manage all strategic plans associated with Planning activities to support Omni-Channel (Wholesale & Digital Fulfillment) consumer and customer fulfillment. You will work closely with the Distribution Operations Managers to support Nike Logistics System principles of facility flow, continuous improvement and install scalable processes. You will manage a Dispatch team responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly targets through a close partnership with our Marketplace Operations team. You will also manage a Traffic team to ensure coordination from order allocation to order shipment is aligned with consumer/customer service level agreements!WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in business management or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- Minimum of 5 years operation management experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment with a planning/traffic background.
- Functional knowledge of Nike Logistics Systems (NLS) or Lean background preferred
- Continuous improvement is a driver
- Working knowledge of automated distribution systems
- Ability to be flexible and lead from a servant leadership mentality to remove obstacles while empowering your team to deliver outstanding/consumer & customer focused results
- Ability to prioritize workflow and understand system capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills under tight business-driven deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential matters in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills, ability to lead others and influence at various levels of the organization
- Proven track record of understanding and encouraging a diverse workforce
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships in the broader organization to achieve common goals
- Ability to motivate and stay focused. Ability to work effectively on a team
ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.