Principal Architect (Remote)
This is 100% REMOTE - Must be based in the US
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you've come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we're making on both our local and global communities,Click Here!
Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a strong technical leader who has a proven track record as an architect covering technology areas across the Digital Commerce space including Public/Private Cloud and related Application Technologies. The ideal candidate will be able to drive standards, provide business partnerships, and delve into application and technology architectures to establish best practices and new and improved designs. The candidate will collaborate with the development, delivery, and operations teams to establish and improve the execution of IT Products and Services. This candidate will have breadth across technology stacks as well as depth in specific domains of expertise.
- IT liaison with the business to collect requirements for new projects and translate into meaningful architecture and experiences
- Provide technical roadmaps for emerging, new, and existing technologies
- Design and implement IT solutions to achieve strategic business goals
- Transform business requirements into detailed technical specifications for development teams to implement
- Establish governance practices for Digital Commerce, Cloud, and related Enterprise technology standards.
- Assist Solution and Technical Architects in their assigned responsibilities when required
- Work with and mentor team members on the development of architectural strategies, guidelines, methodologies, and best practices
- Review and recommend improvements to existing application architectures
- Assist in application design, development, integration, and implementation activities
- Ability to identify and understand root causes of existing problems and propose creative and innovative solutions.
- Design and lead technical projects on existing platforms / integrations
- Collaborate with other teams to understand third party integrations and data ownership
- Create repeatable architecture patterns for Applications, Cloud Services, and underlying technology stacks.
- Possess and maintain an understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to design and operate cloud services to support ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services
- Participate in the creation of automated CI/CD solutions that deliver tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures for operational efficiency
- Provide guidance to project teams in all phases of SDLC
- Drive the development of architecture documents, functional specifications, design documents, and architecture diagrams
- Research the market and industry trend to drive the future roadmap of Footlocker IT Technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related field
- 10+ or more years of related information technology experience
- Expert in creating and producing technical specifications from business requirements.
- Strong experience related to some or most of the following areas:
- eCommerce technologies
- Microservices Application Architecture
- Deep understanding of underlying technologies that cross areas (Front-end web, back-end, micro-services, cloud, network, database, PaaS, Serverless, automation, etc.)
- Expert-level experience on integrating with third party APIs, Automation, and API driven architecture in general.
- CI/CD implementation and adoption of Infrastructure across hybrid cloud.
- Expert in working with source code control and versioning tools (Git preferred).
- Familiarity with data privacy concepts (GDPR, PCI, HIPAA).
- Knowledge of network & platform design and operations of enterprise systems
- Experience with PaaS services, containers, orchestration
- Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical presentation skills to Senior Executives
- Previous experience at a fortune 500 company
- Industry recognized certifications (related to Architecture, IT, Technology, etc)