Principal Data & Analytics Architect
Beaverton, Oregon, USAPosted 8 days ago
Job descriptionIf you're ready to innovate and lead in the Data & Analytics Architecture space, join Nike's Enterprise Architecture & Platforms (EAP) organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2021 and beyond.
Who we are looking for:
You should have a passion for data, information, and analytics. We are seeking a dedicated individual that is an authority in the field of Data & Analytics Architecture. We need someone with broad experience in this space that can perform functional duties, yet have the technical acuity to ask the right questions and understand the requirements on the technical spectrum. Someone that's curious and can influence; and someone that enjoys working with people from across our business.
A person in this role will lead opportunity identification and analysis, problem definition, and watch over the development and deployment of sophisticated information and data design practices within the Enterprise Architecture & Platforms organization. The position can be based in our Beaverton, Oregon world headquarters location, or in the Bay Area, Boston, or Atlanta areas.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things data and analytics and have an outstanding ability to provide strategic advantage for Nike through innovative solutions.
What you will work on:
This role, along with business leadership and leaders within Data and Analytics Engineering will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching data strategy and architecture that will align investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies.
The Principal Data & Analytics Architect will provide leadership in architectural planning and solution delivery across multiple domains / solution areas, contributing to the future success of the business through innovations in technology.
- Lead clear definition of information and data across Nike and help clarify ownership and stewardship
- Own information design through conceptual data models and align and review logical data models, API definitions and analytical data products for consistency and completeness
- Drive Information Interaction Framework for collaborating/sharing information across business capabilities and functions
- Analyze and influence end-to-end data and integration design for key business domains
- Architect and design solutions for data quality, reliability and data governance
- Embrace and influence technology platform thinking and drive architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Contribute to and implement the architecture strategy for enterprise information and data management
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
Who you will work with:
- Partner with Application, Data, and Analytics Engineering leadership to establish an information architecture plan across multiple solution areas
- Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data governance, data quality and stewardship
- Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
ProfileWhat you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Management, or related field or any combination of relevant equivalent experience, education, and training
- 6+ years providing design leadership to technical, business and multi-functional teams
- 8+ years in hands-on experience in data analysis, modeling, data engineering, or analytics
- Solid understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing
- Good experience building end-to-end data view with focus on integration
- A solid grasp and experience with data APIs, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms
- Experience implementing data management solutions for non-technical data stewards and business owners
- Familiarity with enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, JIE, etc.
- Proven track record of leading within matrixed organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)