Principal Enterprise Information Architect (Remote Option*)
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As Principal Enterprise Information Architect, you'll be part of a strategic team passionate about aligning vision, goals, and objectives with tactical demands. You will deliver the architecture blueprint which includes information ownership boundaries that model the business, names and definitions of all information created within these boundaries, the system agnostic structure and high-level design of this information, and the sharing model which enables effective and efficient business collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
This role will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional business experts and technical guides to understand process, vision, strategies and plans and analyze and build current, future, and interim information designs and roadmaps to achieve the enterprise vision. This role will guide for all things data and information within one or more subject areas with regard to business function, high level process, data inputs and outputs, the application footprint, and the end to end flow of information across the enterprise. This role will partner closely with capability and reporting & analytics engineering teams to consult and oversee implementation of architecture and designs to working software.This role will also collaborate regularly with Data Governance authorities to ensure the comprehensive information architecture is realized through strict stewardship and governance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide thought leadership and drive and facilitate the right discussions with business & technical leaders, subject matter experts, architects and engineers to define and craft information and data in alignment to current and future business objectives
- Own and maintain the Enterprise Subject Area Model which provides clear, consistent, and intuitive information and data naming and definitions that are system agnostic and represent the Nike business.
- Provide Information Ownership Framework driving clarity of the bounded context for data exposure and consumption across the Nike ecosystem. Partner closely with Domain and Solution Architecture to influence designs and ensure integration services layers align to this framework
- Provide conceptual information design through Conceptual Data Models and Entity Relationship diagrams and supervise Logical and Physical/API designs and reporting/analytical data products by providing oversight and consultation to data modelers, analysts and engineering partners
- Provide current, target, and transitional state Business Collaboration Diagrams which model multi-functional information sharing across the enterprise. Provide support and consultation to capability and analytics teams on data sourcing in alignment with roadmaps
- Partner closely with Data Governance partners to ensure information architecture can be realized through a sustainable stewardship framework
- Advocate and drive adoption of "standard methodologies" and demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
- Effectively lead priorities, work you're doing and timelines
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Technology, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 + years experience providing architecture and design leadership to business, technical & multi-functional teams
- 7+ years hands-on experience in business data consulting or analysis, conceptual data modeling, data engineering, or analytics
- Solid understanding of enterprise information architecture and enterprise integration and the complexities of data sharing/flow in large scale environment
- Good understanding of business functional design, business process design and modeling
- High level understanding and experience with data ingress, egress, data services/APIs, data warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms
- Outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate strategic business strategy, capability and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Demonstrated track record of leading within sophisticated organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work harmoniously at all levels in matrix environment
- Strong facilitation and interviewing skills and experience in leading senior partner relationship, partnership and interactions
- Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced business environment with the ability to adapt to change
Solid understanding of Agile driven development, Product model & bias towards action
- Large enterprise experience preferred
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design preferred
- Experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing preferred
- Experience in Supply Chain preferred
*Remote Work Option - open to remote work except cannot work in the following locations: SD,VT, and WV. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $163,000.00 per year. Information about benefits can be found here.