Principal Product Manager - Warehouse Slotting (all genders)
As a Principal Product Manager for our Warehouse Slotting, you will make sure that our 45+ million customers receive more shipments fast. You will work in a cross-functional team and with stakeholders across the company to introduce and optimize Warehouse Slotting Strategies in our Fulfillment Centers.
INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groups
WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED...
- As an individual contributor, you will take over responsibility for the full-cycle product area of warehouse slotting - from setting the vision, writing the strategy, defining relevant success measurements and building the software product
- With the aid of analytics and algorithms, you will discover new and more effective ways to store items and pallets in our warehouses and take data-driven decisions regarding inhouse storage location as well as storage type (bag sorter / pick tower)
- Looking at defined & designed solutions for item distributions and slotting, you will look into their application for repeatable best practice product methodologies
- You will collaborate with product, engineering and commercial teams across the organization (Carrier & Delivery Solutions, Logistics, Algorithms, Research, Analytics to name a few)
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF...
- You have several years of experience in product management and have not only run full product cycles but also entire product areas in the past
- You come with expertise in the domain of logistics, supply chain, at best warehousing / warehouse operations, delivery, storage location assignment problems (SLAP), picking time optimization, "golden zone" picking or order oriented slotting (OOS)
- You have the analytical skills to break down dynamic slotting problems with the help of statistics, mathematics and applied sciences along with competitive insights to derive at sound product recommendations that senior executives gladly follow
- Demonstrated ability to write concise product documents (e.g. Product Vision, Solution Concept, Product Requirement Specification, Press Release), and to involve various stakeholders on different levels proactively
- A growth mindset, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing business conditions, working to establish a continuous improvement culture whilst providing the team the stability they need to be productive
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- If you work from an office in your role, a choice of office equipment to be delivered to you, to support you working from home due to COVID-19 safety
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents' forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counseling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 46 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
#CustomerFulfillment #hotjobs #logistics