Principal Software Engineer – Planning & Manufacturing Technology
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate, and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The Planning & Manufacturing Technology team within Global Technology is determined to be a global leader in supply chain planning technology. We are passionate about Nike and all it represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity, and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to be part of a mission critical team focused on building a high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant supply chain platform that drives Nike’s Digital transformation and growth strategies. The Principal Software Engineer serves as a technical expert for multiple software engineering teams.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
You will support mission critical platforms across Inventory forecasting, Inventory Management and Supply Planning. The squad you support will own multiple microservice based platforms that use inhouse solutions or best of breed third party packages to deliver value to our consumers. You will create distributed system designs, RESTful APIs and infrastructure via code.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
You will work with globally distributed teams across product, program, architecture and engineering. You will help your squads collaborate with other squads to deliver end to end solutions. You will partner with architects and other teams to ensure that the ecosystem of services remains loosely coupled and independently scalable. You will report into the Senior Director / Director of Engineering for your capability area.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security/Management, or related field, or relevant combination of education, experience, and training.
- A minimum of 10 years software development experience.
- Exposure to Supply Chain domain areas like inventory Planning, Inventory Forecasting, Inventory management, Supply Planning, or Demand Planning.
- Leadership / mentorship in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline software development team environment.
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g., AWS, GCP, Rackspace, Azure, etc.).
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable web applications.
- Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, Scala, or Python.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB.
- Experience working with relational data stores like MySQL and Oracle.
- Experience with monitoring and tracing tools like Splunk, SignalFx, and New Relic.
- Experience in Infrastructure as code using tools like terraform, CloudFormation.
- Experience with continuous integration (CI), unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests (continuous delivery (CD) experience is preferred).
- Exposure to any enterprise packages like SAP S4, IBM Sterling, Manhattan OMS, or others including custom / proprietary solutions.
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Agile and DevOps principles and practices are desired.
- Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams.
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews.
- Exposure to any enterprise packages like SAP Advance Planning & Optimization (APO), o9 Supply Chain Management, Blue Yonder Luminate Planning, or others including custom / proprietary Planning solutions.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.