Principal Solution Architect
TJX is an exciting place to work and we count on our Associates to bring our business to life. Staying true to our open, collaborative culture and values of honesty, integrity, and treating each other with dignity and respect is a top priority for us.
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
What you'll discover
- Inclusive culture and career growth opportunities
- Global IT Organization which collaborates across U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia, click here to learn more
- Challenging, collaborative, and team-based environment
TJX Architecture is spearheading the global digital transformation of the organization. The Solution Architecture function reports into the CTO, and partners closely with IT product teams to define strategy and architecture that addresses current and future business and technology needs across the enterprise. Our architects enable the adoption of a modern technology foundation, including Cloud, DevOps, and Intelligent Automation, and explore how we might use other innovative technologies in the future.
As aPrincipal Solution Architect, your focus will be on collaborating with business and IT partners to define the overall strategy and architecture for technology solutions that enable our Environmental Sustainability and Corporate compliance teams to meet business strategic needs and corporate targets. As such, you will be responsible for providing technical direction and guidance to a large global stakeholder group, and for actively participating in the selection and implementation of new technology solutions.
What you'll need
Key to success is the ability to develop trusted stakeholder relationships, and to deliver value in a dynamic environment. We are a global team, so the ability to work across time zones and cultures is essential.
- Experience setting enterprise technology direction
- Strong technical design & architecture experience. Ability to design solutions that are appropriate to the problem at hand - in terms of simplicity, cost, and support required
- Familiarity with multiple architecture disciplines, including business, application, information, infrastructure and security
- Practical application of cloud computing concepts
- Familiarity with application architecture fundamentals, e.g. Service Architecture, Agile, DevSecOps, Non-Functional Requirements
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Ability to partner effectively with key stakeholders, and to influence and gain consensus
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and adversity
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility/Compliance, in particular Environmental Sustainability and/or Social Compliance
- Familiarity with Environmental Sustainability compliance frameworks and evolving standards
- Familiarity with sustainable architecture & design best practices, e.g. sustainable software engineering, cloud hosting, energy optimization
- Experience in the Retail sector (digital + physical store footprint), in an organization that deals with a large number of suppliers
- Experience evaluating and selecting technology solutions in the Corporate compliance space, including ESG reporting and auditing solutions
- Experience in an IT organization with a hybrid IT infrastructure hosting model
Join us and Discover Different at TJX, click here to learn more.
Full COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster once eligible, is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA