Principal Solution Architect – Product Design & Development (Remote Option*)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The Global Architecture team partners and engages with business and technology leaders across all business functions within the enterprise in planning, crafting, maintaining, and implementing a capability roadmap aligned to the overall company and functional strategies to ensure that the people, process, data insights/information, and technology needs are accurately captured and planned for short, medium and long-term execution.
As a Principal Solution Architect for Product Design & Development you will be key contributor of a highly visible team focused on aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands. You will deliver solutions that clearly describe the different views of an architecture required for implementation.
You will engage, collaborate, and partner with functional leaders, technical leaders and executive customers to understand short and long-term business and technology strategies, provide thought leadership, and engage in proactive planning of an executable Design. You’ll be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. The successful candidate is a proven architect with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills.Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a team of Merchandising, Product Innovation, Sourcing & Manufacturing Solution Architects to build an End-to-End Product Lifecycle strategy and Architecture in partnership with business and technical experts across Merchandising, Product Design & Development, Sourcing & Manufacturing
- Develop and drive, with the Product Creation architecture team, the overall Product Design & Development architectural strategy with hands-on leadership in ideation and implementation
- Deliver solution designs, recommendations, and options based on business capability roadmaps and requirements following API first model, enterprise security standards and reference architectures
- Lead solution optioning and recommendations around sophisticated business problems
- Ensure architecture alignment across domains and enabling functions (verticals and horizontals)
- Lead, build, manage, and enhance solution architectures to drive enablement of the longer-term roadmap
- Provide technology guidance and insight to business & technology Domain leaders
- Provide expert technical advice to domain delivery teams
- Drive and facilitate the right discussions that identify solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
- Maintain awareness of vendor products and industry developments and trends to identify potential impacts and benefits to the Domain
- Influence business and technology partners
- Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely focusing on key points to portray the intended message or purpose based on audience
- Facilitate development and implementation of architecture principles and technology standards within the assigned Domain and across the Enterprise; ensuring architecture alignment across domains
- Effectively manage priorities and timelines
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Systems, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience across core capabilities of Product Design & Development (2D/3D Product Design, Material and Part Management, Bill of Materials creation and Management, Product & Material Costing, Prototypes and Sample Management)
- 5+ years in a Solution Architecture and/or Engineering Lead roles
- 10+ years combined hands-on engineering experience with public cloud, distributed computing, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and custom developed solutions
- Large enterprise experience including global experience with solution delivery
- Knowledge of well-architected frameworks and experience designing platforms/systems for optimal performance, business continuity, compliance with security and privacy standards
- Must have experience on deploying microservices on one of the cloud providers – AWS (preferred) / Azure/ GCP
- Must have experience designing/implementing highly scalable web services on cloud
- Design and implementation experience with cloud platform providers such as Azure, AWS and/or other cloud providers
- Ability to articulate and document architectural decisions and roadmaps at a senior executive level
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work harmoniously at all levels in a matrixed environment
- Outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all collaborators (management, business users, and technology resources)
*Remote Work Option – Open to remote work except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position has an annual base salary range of $163,000 - $269,500.
For employees based in NYC and Westchester County, NY, this position has an annual base salary range of $193,500 - $321,000
Information about benefits can be foundhere.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.