Print and Pattern Designer
About The Company
Founded in 2012 with the belief that there is a better way, Mizzen+Main is a premium men’s brand with products rooted in performance fabrics. Backed by the largest and most experienced consumer-focused private equity group in the world,LCatterton, we are a multi-channel brand, comprised of our Ecommerce site, Retail Stores, and Wholesale Partners across the US. Our Values are simple and guide everything we do: We are people first, We think big, We have commitments, We act as owners and We never settle.
Headquarters are in Dallas, Texas and we would prefer the role to be in Dallas, but for the right candidate would explore a hybrid option.
About the Role
The Print and Pattern Designer will be responsible for creating print trend, direction and original artworks relative to seasonal concepts appropriate for our ideal customer. You will be hands-on from concept through to pre-production for all categories, must have a creative and technical spirit, love aesthetic qualities, and be able to develop beautiful, fashion-forward, saleable prints and patterns. In addition, we’re looking for someone that has a keen understanding of scale, proportion, with an eye for “good looking” product and an understanding of color harmony and hues. Our team loves “can-do” attitudes, great communicators that are open to feedback but also have an opinion, and truly have a love for fashion, especially menswear.
· Presents and delivers brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, patterns and graphics for new/existing product lines.
· Demonstrates a passion for the brand and menswear, constantly seeking to inspire and creating subtle beauty in this space
· Research industry trends, market competitors, and trade shows for new materials, colors and design trends.
· Collaborate with the Sr Designer & team to develop original artworks and layouts (repeat patterns, geo’s, stripes, feeder stripes) appropriate for concept direction and seasonal needs
· Review strike-offs and development samples for approval
· Collaborate with the Development team to manage lead-time and ensure calendar deadlines are met
· Flat sketch adopted styles in Illustrator while creating design tech packs for new style development
· Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic, Textile, or Apparel Design
· Must have 3+ years’ experience in Graphic Apparel Design related field
· Highly creative with the ability to recognize and forecast fashion and cultural trends as they relate to the Mizzen + Main customer
· Experience in designing original artworks and layouts
· An understanding of repeat patterns, geo’s, stripes, feeder stripes.
· An understanding of base textile properties that we are building “surface interest for”
· A basic understanding of the men’s silhouettes the visuals are being applied to.
· Technical knowledge of print development & techniques as well as industry print manufacturing processes, specifically in digital.
· Energetic team player with excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with other departments
· Detail oriented; Ability to switch gears easily and take direction
· Sense of urgency and intuitive sense of priorities
· Adobe Creative Suite (must be proficient in Photoshop & Illustrator) and Microsoft Office proficiency.