Print Design Intern
Cristina Ruales Co. islooking for a creative print and textiles designer for an unpaid internship for school credit. You would be working directly with the creative director - creating prints, graphic repeats in full and half drop for multiple applications such as fashion, wall paper, home design and more.
About Cristina Ruales:
Cristina Ruales— a unique point of view in design promoting confidence. A proud Latina, born in Ecuador; and single mother of twins - has long been mentoring others on how to make it in one of the most competitive industries and empowering others to celebrate their individuality. At 16, she began to pursue her dreams at Parsons (BFA) followed by Yale University (MFA) with a focus on the history of fashion. In her daily life and as seen through her bold designs, Cristina draws directly from her love of nature and architecture for inspiration and symbolic representation. Cristina has gained recognition for her designs on New York Fashion Week runways as well as many editorial appearances includingInStyle, Vogue and WWD.She has served as senior designer forDKNY Jeans, VP of Design forJill Stuartand CEO ofCristina Ruales- her eponymous brand. After years of gaining incredible knowledge on merchandising, production, and sales within the creative business of fashion design, Cristina Ruales is devoting time to expanding and cultivating her reach towards a larger audience. SoonCristina Rualesis to unveil a DECOR collection for interiors, as well as her own interior design business, podcast, public speaker, and business coach— advocating for inclusivity and equality.
- Creating prints, graphic repeats in full and half drop for multiple applications such as fashion, wall paper, home design and more.
- Preparing designs for print-ready files.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Commitment and availability to work at least 15 hours a week for 6 months.
- Junior standing and pursuing degree in Art or Design.
- Strong eye for relevant and trend-right products that align with brand aesthetics.
- Strong proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.