Working at Stella McCartney is a truly rewarding experience. As a luxury fashion company with a strong ethical standpoint we are leaders and innovators in our industry.
Reporting to the Senior Print designer , the Print Designer is responsible for collaborating with the Design team in the creation of the Stella McCartney WRTW collection from concept to completion. This role will be working closely with the design team all print concepts to ensure that the collections are successful and fashion forward.
Experience ideally gained in the luxury design industry
Ability to delegate and manage Junior Designers
Ability to multi-task and work effectively on several projects simultaneously
Goal oriented, result driven individual
Commercially minded, quickly responding to business/market needs.
Strong team player who is able to work across multiple teams and under pressure
High work ethic, integrity and reliability with a "Hands on" attitude
Great time management skills
Comfortable working additional hours to perform duties, including weekends and also travel when necessary
Impeccable presentation and communication skills, both verbally and written
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Creative thinker, with the ability to think outside the box and an eye for detail
Job descriptionYour Mission:
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Print Designer for support to ensure the best understanding and development of seasonal creative concepts.
- Work with the Senior Print Designer to develop key overarching creative direction to implement at the beginning of each season, bringing your own original ideas to convey freshness and relevance to the product.
- Work collaboratively with all key departments, including the Merchandising, Product Development, Fabric, Embroidery and Atelier to develop the collection in the vision of the Design Director and achieve consistency in product.
- Drive fittings and display confidence in following through strike off from mock up to production ensuring all prints s are defined and put into development by the team.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Product Development and Fabric team to ensure they source the materials and techniques needed on time, as well as providing them with clear, complete and updated design information for them to pass onto our factories to ensure successful proto types