We're New Look and we've been at the forefront of British high-street fashion since 1969. Over the last 50 years, we've grown to be a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-driven fashion for women, men, girls and boys.
Our passion is feel-good fashion at feel-good prices - and we truly believe that all starts with us. Our values inspire us every day: we play to win, we're customer-obsessed and we work as one to give each and every one of our customers That New Look Feeling.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our New Look team.
What does our Design team do?
We Identify and design key trends for each season and translate these into accessible, broad appeal products for our Customers. We work really closely with Buying and Merchandising to ensure we are closely aligned on what we design and how this aligns with all the great products we buy.
- To create/visualise outstanding new print designs with New Look Brand handwriting in line. Have a proven track record of designing best selling prints for a high street retailer.
- Identify key trends, working with Print & Colour Manager on seasonal overview and deliver key print trends in line with competitors.
- Confident in identifying colour trends as well as working towards in-house themes and palettes
- Designing the right print product at the right time to meet customer requirements for the sub-brand or product departments.
- Identifying and delivering detailed print trend reports covering street style, catwalk, blogs, and comp shops. Be the 'go to' person for print trend- always have exciting and inspiring ideas to show HO's and wider design/buying teams.
- Re-colouring prints, original, bought and vintage into seasonal departmental colour palettes. Excellent understanding of how to re-work sourced vintage to make workable for supply base.
- Work closely with product designers to interpret each brief, collaborating on ideas and direction. Be ahead of teams- leading the way by working on the critical path and driving key dates across the business.
- Attend and participate in trend meetings throughout the season. Be confident in offering opinions and demonstrate a passion for print, colour and trend.
- Understanding the technical limitations of screen printing and producing clear print tech packs for factories to follow.
Demonstrate a passion for coaching and mentoring the assistant and junior levels on the team. You will possess extensive technical knowledge of how to create prints and use the adobe suite. You will pass on you experience of working in retail, model behaviours and your sound understanding of New Look ways of working.
- Minimum 5yrs experience within retail/supplier network
- Part of the in-house Design team and reporting into the Print and Colour Manager
- Experience with graphic/logo design would be a bonus
- You will live and breathe print and all things pattern for the New Look customer and have an excellent eye for colour and detail
- Ability to translate fashion trends into commercial design concepts for the New Look customer
- Understanding of the New look customer and Business area customer strategy
- Demonstrate a commercial understanding of print design for the high street
- Demonstrate excellent skills within Photoshop and Illustrator. Be competent at Indesign, weave software is a plus.
- Knowledge of the concepts of brand strategy and vision
- Broad understanding of current competitive marketplace - ability to comparative shop effectively.
- Ability to directional shop effectively.
- Practical understanding of the production capabilities of the supply base
- Knowledge of buying calendar (critical path)
- Able to fully utilise the relevant IT support systems, and to be fully conversant with standard business desktop applications
- Strong strategic planning and organisational skills
- Excellent influencing/challenging skills
- Strong team player, with the ability to initiate and maintain relationships with key business partners, e.g. designers, buyers, suppliers
Why New Look?
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes - there are so many reasons to love working at New Look. We prioritise development, offering training to support your progression, so you can be at your absolute best and achieve your goals. You'll also receive these amazing benefits, to name only a few:
40% staff discount
Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
Quarterly sample sales
Season ticket loans
Apply now to find out more.