JOB TITLE: Print/CAD Designer
Print/CAD Designer is responsible for the management of prints and patterns design and development consistent with the Chief Creative Officer’s vision and brand strategy. Ensure aesthetic integrity of print and pattern development across multiple categories through to finished print package.
Print Design/CAD RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create technical breakdown of all print and pattern layout specifications for design as a tool for vendor fabric development
- Development of new and existing prints through color separation, cleaning and creating repeats.
- Use color palettes and design inspiration to produce alternate print colorways.
- Conceptualize new print ideas and follow-through to finished artwork
- Provides Design with ready artwork, in print and electronic format for internal and external partners
- Collaborates with design on all colorways, layouts and final artwork to be sent to mills
- Collaborates on the visualization, presentation and communication of pattern concepts thorough CAD artwork
- Calibrates color palettes
- Ensure department is in compliance with developmental calendar and ensure all deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Manage workload for Print/CAD Design. Mentor Associate Print/CAD Designer.
- Graphic Design for E-commerce such as retouching/color editing images, sizing and renaming of images for product pages
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Minimum of 4- 6 years of experience in the fashion industry
- B.S. in Textiles, Graphic Design or equivalent
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be proficient in Kaledo
- Proficient in separation/indexing of colors, cleaning artwork and creating repeats
- Strong color sense and detailed eye with good inspection skills
- Must be updated with latest fashion color & print trends and styles
- Applies design concepts through lens of the customer and brand filter
- Flexible and able to accept and embrace departmental/organizational changes with positive attitude
- Organized and detailed orientated; Problem-solver, solutions orientated
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize work on a continual basis, and work with limited supervision
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to build relationships effectively with cross-functional teams
- Portfolio is required for consideration
The Natori Company (www.natori.com) designs high-end fashion, with collections including lingerie, bras, sleepwear, ready-to-wear, bedding, towels, home fragrance, swim, and more. The company was founded in 1977 by CEO and founder Josie Natori, who continues to be the head designer for the Josie Natori, Natori, Josie, and N Natori labels.