Print Designer, Target Printing Services
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role atTarget Printing Servicesmeans that you’ll be part of a team that leads Targets communication strategy and brings holistic promotional and value stories to life for Target Guests. The team has a broad range of responsibilities including planning, prepress, design, print production, finishing, bindery, fulfillment and distribution. Target Printing Services is responsible for print projects in support of many internal partners including Stores Experience Marketing, In-Store Promotional Signing, Print Promotions Marketing, Financial Retail Services, Store Operations and Talent Acquisition.
As the Print Designerat Target Printing Services, you will play a critical role in bringing Target’s print work to life. You will work closely with customer service representatives to understand customer vision and develop innovative, cost-effective, and structurally sound retail signage solutions in various substrates and constructions. As the Print Designer, you will leverage your up-to-date knowledge of retail signage concepts to present new and innovative designs and solutions for internal customers. With a prioritization of Target’s initiatives in sustainability, you will develop digital graphic design mockups, prototypes, and documentation to provide production-ready templates to design partners.
To ensure success as a print designer, you should understand color calibration and technical printing standards. A skilled print designer should have a keen eye for detail and be able to create designs for a variety of printed mediums.
- Collaborating and brainstorming with the creative team to define design briefs and requirements.
- Researching concepts, designs, reference material, and similar work.
- Rendering and presenting design mockups for revision and feedback.
- Implementing feedback revision and creating final designs for printing.
- Reviewing and proofreading designs to ensure that copy, layout, and dimensions are print-ready.
- Managing the timelines and workflow of print design projects.
- Communicate updates, feedback, and issues with the clients, managers, and the creative team.
- Maintain the brand's consistency across all designs and printed materials.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret drawings (customer specifications) and the ability to understand a variety of basic retail designs.
- Perform Technical Illustration tasks as required i.e., Assembly Instructions, design specs for complex concepts, dimensional drawings as needed.
- Responsible for project development record keeping file naming/part numbering, utilizing project management system.
- Keeping up to date with the latest design trends, techniques, and printing standards.Travel, as required, for client support, over-night store walks, training, meetings, and manufacturing and assembly plant support.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, or related field.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a print designer or a similar role.
- A strong portfolio of print design work.
- Proficiency in design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Good knowledge of print standards such as GRACoL and SWOP.
- Experience in producing a range of printed materials including varieties of retail signage and displays.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to manage multiple design projects and perform under pressure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new design software and techniques.
- Can effectively relay product specifications for estimating and production teams
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Publisher and Excel spreadsheet applications). Exposure to other computer software such as CAD system design software.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.