Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The TeamThe operations team at RTR works to deliver the customer mission by innovating through automation, process improvement, transportation methods, packaging and garment science. In doing so, the RTR operations team owns the largest cost components of the business: fulfillment labor, transportation and inventory care. While this is true of any e-commerce company, our subscription rental model and reverse logistics process introduce complexities that are unique to RTR. Given that garments are rented multiple times, returning garments to like-new condition is critical to maximizing the life of our inventory. RTR is thus not only tasked with scaling productive operational processes for traditional e-commerce functions, but also with carrying out manufacturing-like processes such as dry cleaning and repairs. The variety of our inventory assortment - which has been expanding with the growth of new categories - further introduces challenges to implementing traditional technologies and solutions. Success on the RTR operations team requires the pursuit of constant innovation beyond conventional standards.
About The JobRolecan be based out of our Secaucus, NJ or Arlington, TX distribution centers.RTR is seeking an outstanding Process Engineer to join our Operations Engineering team to plan and execute capacity expansion and process improvements through network-wide projects. In this position, you will partner with cross-functional teams and interface with business leaders to drive critical business initiatives. This role provides the opportunity to shape strategic planning and tackle key challenges that will take RTR fulfillment and the customer experience to the next level.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the processing (mechanical & labor) and storage capacity model and lead a monthly business review to share the roadmap and propose necessary changes.
- Project management of capacity expansion projects from beginning to end, including sourcing vendors, managing timelines, and updating stakeholders.
- Drive innovation across the fulfillment network through automation.
- Lead and support process improvements in partnership with operations and tech from data analysis to implementation. Examples include; pick path optimization & inventory flow changes.
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and the rationale driving overarching leadership decisions.
- Role can be based out of our Secaucus, NJ or Arlington, TX distribution centers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering or related fields.
- Experience in technical engineering and project management for complex, large-scale industrial engineering projects.
- Experience with data analysis and data modeling.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Experiencing running RFP (Request for Proposal) and vendor selection processes.
- Experience designing and launching new processes.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- PMP certification.
- Experience fulfillment center, distribution center, or managing plant flow.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.